chapter 23~jealous

Kenji's P.O.V

I sit as I watch Azalea talk to a boy from her class; she's smiling and laughing with him, while I'm sitting behind her and trying to ignore the voice that hasn't shut up since the second I stepped into the classroom.

"Are you listening, Kenji?" a girl from my class asks. I kind of forgot her name; I would have asked for it, but I don't care.

It was fun and games at the beginning when I tried to make Azalea jealous by talking to girls, not that I would ever think seriously of those girls; they are underage.

But my mission failed; instead, I made her angry; she probably hates me now.

I knew she was hiding something but would never have thought that her 'parents' sold her.

I am very inquisitive about people I like or care about.

And I want to know more, and when I don't get it, well, I get pissed because I always get what I want.

My parents taught me to get what I wanted; I wasn't raised by them serving me whatever I wanted.

I get what I work for.

Now that I think about it, Azalea doesn't only look and think like his father but has something similar in her; maybe it's the fact that she can kill without hesitation, that she's fine with blood, or that she has the genes of a serial killer. Who knows?

I see a guy standing up and walking away. I quickly take his seat next to Azalea and look at him.

"Do you like him?" I ask.

"What if I do?"

"I can help," I lie.

"How," she asks, does she really like him?

"So is that a yes or a no?" I ask. She looks at me and smiles sideways. Hold on, does she know?

"What"

"Don't act like a fool; you think I don't know you have been staring at the whole lesson; you think I haven't noticed that you have been ignoring that girl the whole time; who do you think I am?"

She knows, and my heart goes fast, not from the fact that I have been found out but from something about me looking at her face.

"Anyway, I'm done with you. Now bye." What did she just say?

"What do you mean done with me?"

"I don't know; since I started school, you have been ignoring me. Go to her; you seem to be having lots of fun."

Is she teasing me? I'm not sure anymore.

I do want to get close to her, but she doesn't tell me anything; she likes to keep her stuff to herself. Is it because she doesn't trust me? Am I not worth it?

I see that guy from before coming back.

I don't like him.

She deserves someone better.

"Yo dude, that's my seat," he says. I stand up and look at him up and down. He's shorter than me, which makes him easy to kill. He's not that small, but it's easy for me to drag his body.

That's good

I go back to my seat. Now that I think about it, why am I so internet-connected?

What's different about her?

Is it her eyes?

Or the fact that I can't have her

Or can I