chapter 45~ broken up

I was woken up by shouting and yelling.

I hear Dorian's and Mom's voices argue.

I go downstairs, and as soon as mom sees me, she says

"You're coming with me; pack your stuff."

"No, she is not going anywhere," Dorian said.

"I am her mother; you can't tell me what to do with my daughter."

"She's our sister, and yes, I know we made a mistake, a big one, but I don't want to lose her; we don't want to lose her."

No, he's lying; he hates me; they hate me.

But what if

They don't

How stupid do you have to be to believe that?

I go to my room without a breakfast. I regret getting down at all. I planned to go back to sleep, but I hear knock on my door.

"If it's Dorian or Kenji, don't come in." I should

"It's Owen," he informs me, and I tell him to come in.

He walks in and sees cereal with Kitkat and reeses on a bed tray.

"You didn't have breakfast, and I don't think you want to go back there," he said, and I nodded, agreeing.

I started to eat but noticed his mood was off.

"What's wrong?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "I just don't want to bother you while you're recovering."

"I'm okay, see?" I stretch, attempting to prove that my stitches don't hurt anymore, but sharp pain goes through my back.

"Stop doing that, and I'll tell you." I immediately stopped.

"I got broken up with"

I gasped; I didn't know he was dating.

"What, why"

"He didn't take it well when I told him about... well, I didn't say I was in Mafia but told him I was in a gang or whatever it was," he explains quickly.

"Huh," I think. What advice should I give? I'm not really a relationship master.

"What was that, 'huh', is it because I'm dating a man?" he pauses and then corrects himself, "was, was dating."

Oh my god, he looks so sad.

"No, no, no, I'm cool as long as you're happy, but just give him some time. What if he has a hard time believing in it, or you know a lot could be happening in his head?" I say.

"Like what?" he asks.

"When you say something like that, people rethink the whole relationship; they first think that you have been lying to them, and second, they might get scared for a while thinking that you can harm him, but it's nothing time can't help."

He doesn't say anything.

"Okay, listen, just check on him in like 13 days."

"Why 13?" he asks.

"When you go to him, he asks what you're doing here. You tell him that you wanted to give him some time, which is two weeks, but couldn't even wait a day because you were worried."

He listens

"Tell him how you were getting tortured and that you couldn't tell him about it earlier."

"But I was fine."

"Owen, that's not the point; do what I say," I warn.

"And that you-" I hesitated

"Wait, do others know you like boys?" I ask him.

"I like both."

"But do they know?"

He goes silent.

"Owen"

"Ugh no" he rolls his eyes and lays on my bed

"Why?" I ask him.

"We're in Mafia; what if they don't take it good?" he admits.

"But what if he's the one?"

"I just don't feel confident about it."

"It's okay, you're not planning on getting married any time soon, but whenever you're ready to tell them, I'll be next to you, and if they take it... not good, me and mom will kill them, so don't worry," I state.

"But what is up with you? he says, but he doesn't finish his sentence.

"Who?" I know he means Kenji.

"Oh, you know who," I said, shaking my head. "Kenji," he said.

"I know nothing," I tell him.

"I thought you guys liked each other or something; y'all had tension."

"I don't think we did, but it doesn't matter anymore."

"Why?" he asks.

I don't say anything for a second, "aza."

"He kissed Alexsa," I tell him, and his eyes widen.

Azalea On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara