chapter 46~Yellow dress

"The yellow one looks good," Amara tells me.

"Yes, but it's too revealing."

"You need to learn how to wear your scars with pride; everyone has them, even me."

We take the dress and a few more, and after what I hear, I hear a familiar voice that I have only heard once.

Kory

"Amara," she says excitedly.

"Oh, Kory, dear, how are you?"

"I'm wonderful; I see you and your daughter are here shopping," she smiles.

"Yes, and thank you for helping her," she thanked her.

"Please take it as a return of a favor."

"How about we help my daughter choose a dress? She's quite insecure about her scars."

Kory looked at me and said, "Azalea scars mean that you have survived, and believe it or not, scars have more history behind them than most of the tattoos."

I smiled and went to a changing room, changed into different clothes, and finally got a bunch more.

I put on the yellow dress and walked out.

It is tight on my waist, and it has a decollete, so it shows quite a lot of my breasts.

"There's no way you're leaving this store without this dress," Kory said.

We bought a few more and left. Amara paid for it, and I destroyed my card after my attempt to run away.

"Hey mo-Amara," I quickly corrected myself.

"Yes"

"Dorian said I have some money, and I feel bad when people pay for me, but I kind of destroyed the Card that he gave me," I admit.

"It's okay, I'll get you the new card," she smiles, and I nod.

~~~

Me and Amara are in my room talking about ourselves.

"Yeah, and there was James, Roy, Molly, and Drake; they were good friends, but now," I shrugged.

"I would be graduating in a week if I wasn't kidnapped, and they probably hate me now and think that I'm ignoring them."

"I'm sure they will understand. Just tell them, Amm, we're sick."

"What kind of sickness lasts 5 months ?"

"I don't know, honey. Think of something, and I will go make my famous cookies." She stands up and walks out, blowing kisses. "Oh, and I was thinking if you're okay with it, we could visit your father's grave," she asks.

"Yeah, sure, what should I wear?" I ask her.

"I think you know what," she says, smiling and leaving.

Yellow dress

I dress myself, look in the mirror, and see myself with a book of scars showing.

Wear them with pride.

Everyone has them here, even me.

I brush my hair and put on yellow Converse; she brought me a lot of those in different colors.

I started slowly going downstairs. The stitches are fine now; they don't hurt, but sometimes they feel tight.

I feel a smell of vanilla in the air.

"We both know you did wrong, but everyone makes mistakes." I see Amara kissing him on top of his head.

"I know, but she hates us."

"She feels betrayed; she's hurt; give her some time.

I get down and make more sounds so they can hear it's me.

"Azalea, is that you?" I hear Amara's voice.

"Yes, it's me." I get down, and Theodore's eyes go wide.

I see Owen smiling.

"It smells good," I say, taking a bite out of one.

A few seconds later, I hear Kenji's footsteps. Owen's face changes, and he is no longer smiling.

"Wow" left Kenji's mouth. "You look beautiful."

"I know," I say, and I turn to my mom, who holds her smile.

"Okay, we're going; be back later."

No one asked where we were going; mom started to drive, and after a while, we're here.

She sighs, and sadness covers her face.

"I hope it's not weird for you; I talk to him."

"It's not weird." Lots of people do it when they lose people they love.

"I'm glad you came to see him; he would have been so proud of you and of how you have survived the cruel world we always wanted to protect you from." I see tears sliding down her cheek.

"It's okay, mom. I'm sure he's proud of you, specifically after you lost your soulmate by one you gave birth to."

She gives me a gentle hug, and I hug her back, tears going down my cheek from happiness that I have a mom.