character 68~She's my wif-

We're at the mall looking for some new clothes, and I'm trying to keep my distance from him.

I look around and see a dress that I really like. I used to be scared of wearing a dress, but now that I know I have protection, I think I'm good.

I try to reach but fail; shelves are too high in malls.

But me not reaching a shelf is no problem; Kenji comes close and takes it for me, or that's what I thought.

I see his hand is a little different, and something feels off.

I look at it, and it's...

"Drake?" I say it excitedly.

"Azaaa, how are you?" he asks, hugging me.

I hug him back and say, "I'm great. How are you and others?"

"They are great; James dragged me here," he says, rolling his eyes.

"Oh my god, James is here."

"Yeah, he broke up with his boyfriend, and now he needs a new wardrobe."

"As he says, new wardrobe, new me, or whatever," he adds.

"Was it serious?" I ask, kind of feeling bad for James.

Drake shakes his head, 'nahh'

"He's just not used to being broken up with, so, anyway, what about you? Are you alone here?" he asks.

I shook my head and was about to say that I'm with a friend when Kenji showed up out of nowhere.

"She's not," Kenji said.

"Oh hi, sorry, what was your name?" Drake asks him.

"Kenji," he states.

"Nice to meet you," Drake said to Kenji, and then turned to me, "Are you guys?" He narrowed his eyes.

"She's my wif-"

"Friend," I shout.

"Oh, yeah, I remember y'all transferred to school at the same time, right?"

"Yes, we did." I smile.

A few seconds later, we hear someone's phone ring. Drake answers and then hangs up.

"Anyway, I gotta go; James is calling for me; we gotta catch up, Aza."

"Yeah, for sure." I smiled at him, and then he left, waving at us or me.

I look at Kanji, and he looks like he wants to murder someone. He's noticeably angry and pissed.

He then shifts his eyes at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"What was that?" he asks.

"What was what?"

"Okay, listen, I don't want my friends to know that I'm married, okay? It's just that I'm young; they might get weird ideas." I add

"Like what"

"Like, I'm married for money or I don't know; just don't tell anyone that we're married, okay?" I tell him, and he sighs and nods.

He still looks angry, though.

Later, we got home, and we didn't speak to each other.

I look outside and can already feel that winter will take place in a few months.

God, I hate colds. They make me remember old times.

And her

And him

And them

But the worst is that I can't forget him and her kissing.

Why...