chapter 53~ not dying

I sigh, "It's fine; we will come to you, and you also can; you will call us if anything happens, okay." Dorian said as we're on our way home.

"Yes, I will," I say, and then I remember, "Hey, do we have to have that-amm wedding, like dress and all?" I question him.

"Not sure; I didn't when I got engaged; ask Kenji later," he says, and I nod.

When we got home, I went to my room, and a few minutes later, Owen came and is currently lying on my bed.

"Damn, my little sister is getting married," he winnes.

"It's not like it's a real one." I roll my eyes.

"When are you going there to, like, stay?"

"In a week, I think," I answer, and he sighs.

"What?" I ask him.

"I will miss you."

"Oh, shut up. I'm not dying. Anyway, let's talk about something else, like, you know, 'who'"

"I did what you said to me," he begins.

"Anddd?"

"He said that he couldn't stop thinking about me, and..." he hesitated.

"And?"

"He said he loved me," he says quietly.

"How long have you guys been dating?"

"One year, seven months, and eight days later, he broke up with me."

"You love him, don't you?" I look at him.

He shifts his eyes to the floor and doesn't say anything.

He does

"Have you told him?" I ask, and he shakes his head and says,No.

"Go to him and tell him what's stopping you," I ask, and he shrugs.

"What if he asks, What took me so long to confess?"

"Tell him that your family doesn't know that you like boys," I state.

He nods. "I will."

"When"

"I'm a few days," he questions.

"No, no, no, no, right now."

"What I can't"

"Yes, you can. Tell him sorry you didn't say it earlier and that his confession cut you off the guard."

He stands up and looks at me.

"Ugh, fuck it now or never; thanks and love you," and with those words, he runs off.

I smile to myself and then hear a knock.

"Come in," and he walks in.

"Hey, do you know what that was about?" he asks about Owen running, but I just shrug.

He nods and doesn't say anything. He was about to walk out, but I stopped.

"Hey, do you know about me and Kenji?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I didn't say anything." I made a confused face that said, 'Why?

"I thought you hated me," he finally said.

"I do not hate you; hate is a strong word," I explain.

"So you don't like me?" he asks, and he looks really sad.

"No, just—ugh—bring me some chocolate and I'll tell you," his face lights up and runs off.

It'll give me some time to gather my thoughts and tell him that I don't hate him or dislike him.

A few minutes later, he knocks, and after telling him to come in, he does.

I lay on my bed as he's sitting on the floor with his back on the bed, and we talk.

"I don't hate or dislike you; I just felt betrayed and scared it would happen again. My trust was broken many times, so I have trust issues."

"So you don't hate me; that's good."

A moment of silence fills up the room, and then he says

"I'll miss you when you get married."

"Oh my god, in not dying, I'll visit, and so will all of you."

Why do they think I won't be back?