chapter 28~ kiss

I got sick.

"Why was your cloth all wet again?" Owen asks.

"They got wet when me and Kenji were trying to get to his car," I lie.

"Huh"

"What"

"No, nothin," Owen shakes his head.

I try to change the subject and ask, "did they hurt?" I point at tattoos.

"No, but I have high pain tolerance; it's different for everyone."

"I also have a high pain tolerance," I point out.

"I know, do you want tattoos on you?"

I shake my head and say, "No."

"Why"

"I don't know; I just don't."

I hear the door opening and see Henry walk in.

"How do you feel?" he asks. "I'm doing great."

"You say that all the time; it's hard to believe."

"Is Kenji okay? Is he also sick?" I ask.

"No, he's fine."

I nod, "Okay." I cover myself with a blanket completely to pretend like I'm sleepy.

"I think we should leave; she's sleepy," they said, and they all left.

I sign and think about yesterday, about what happened when he dragged me in the car.

About that kiss

Why did he kiss me?

That's so unfair; he can't just kiss me.

He didn't even apologize.

I try to sleep, but I can't, so I just close my eyes and rest when suddenly I hear a knock after another.

"Ugh, come in," and a second later, Kenji is standard in my room.

"What?" I ask.

"How are you?" he questions.

"Fine," he nods.

"Hey about yesterday," he begins, but I stop him.

"We can just forget about it; pretend like nothing happened," I state, and his mood changes.

"Huh"

"What" I ask

"Why should I pretend?"

"Because it's a rational thing to do." It sounded like a question.

"You didn't feel anything," he asks.

"Did you?" I ask back because I don't want to give him the answer.

It can mess everything up.

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

Silence fills the room as Kenji stands there and says nothing.

"See what you're doing here," he questions. "It's the same as before; you're avoiding the question."

"You're doing the same; don't be so surprised," I tell him.

"I'm not"

"Kenji, you like hiding things for what? It's not like I'm asking you something kind of crazy ass."

"All I did was ask what's your favorite color, and you told me to guess it. I named all the colors, but in the end, you didn't answer my question."

"I asked about school. What did you do?" Oh right, you ignored me. I get it. You have already graduated school, but it's all new to me."

"What about your birthday, or when I asked about your parents names out of curiosity, or when I tried to get to know you and all you had was dry ass answers that were limited to one or two words?"

"But here you are asking me about my past," he interrupted and spoke.

"I want to get to know you."

"So do I, but you don't let me. I get it. You're charming and all, and you're used to getting whoever you want, but as someone who hates men, I'm telling you that won't work for me."

Kenji's P.O.V

I stormed out of there. I know she's right, but one thing that pisses me off is that yesterday after I kissed her,

I was the only one who felt something.

What? You may ask:

But the answer is that I don't know; I have never felt that way before. I go to my room and see a notification on my phone.

Unknown: You want to get to know Azalea, right?

Maybe it's one of the guys, but none of them would joke like that.

Me: Who the hell are you?

Unknown: That's not important, do you

Me: yes

I simply answer, and a few minutes later I get a video sent from that person.

Unknown: I have more.

I open the laptop and tap on the screen. The first minute is just a picture of a kid, who I assume is Azalea.

Kind also has different colored eyes and the same black hairstyle.

A few seconds later, some writings appear.

It's information.

Name- azalea
Age-8, 12, 13

I'm not sure why they wrote three different ages; in the first picture, she looks like she's eight.

After a while, the video starts to play. I see Azalea; she seems excited. I wonder why.

She waved at the camera, and suddenly it all went black in the video. The next clip shows Azalea on the bed, naked.

My eyes widened. What the fuck is going on?

Second later, I see two people coming in, making and little azaleas face changeias as fast as mine.

I skipped a few minutes, and I know what's about to happen.

But unfortunately for me, the video stopped with a little older Azalea's voice begging to stop.

I see flashlights.

That's why she hates taking pictures.

I closed the laptop so hard that I think I broke the screen.

I have seen lots of messed-up shit in my life, but the fact that I know her and she went through that

I stood there and realized something was coming up in my throat.

And next thing I know, I'm throwing up.