Chapter 39~him

Once upon a time, when I was kidnapped at the age of 15 from all the tortures on my back, for the first time in my life, I wished to die.

I had many reasons to die; my life was hard, and something was constantly happening to me. There was no end to it.

So there was me and Blade looking at each other, looking so long that, after realization, I acknowledged that death took my hand before happiness.

Suddenly I hear a voice. It's a maid. She's forced to work here. She has no family or relatives, which is why she's stuck here.

"Don't do it," she said softly.

"I can't keep going." Tears fall down.

"You're brave"

"What makes me brave?" I question her.

"Sometimes taking the risk of living is an act of bravery."

And with those words, 15-year-old Azalea took herself in her hands and escaped.

Her words were always in my head; they never left.

Live for what? I'm tired; I'm exhausted; my energy and will to live have vanished, just like my dreams and future of going to college, having a job, and having a family.

I hear the door open and see a woman.

I don't say anything, even though I want to; I physically can't.

"Don't worry," she says, pulling out a needle full of something.

"This," she says, holding it close to my eyes, "is your way out."

"My name is Kory; tell Amara when you see her," she warns.

Who's Amara

"If you don't know who's Amara, you will soon," she says, starting to inject the needle.

And when she's done, she puts something next to me; I can't see what it is.

And then she walks away, leaving the door open. "See you in the future, darling," was her last word.

A few minutes later, I no longer feel paralyzed, but a feeling of energy fills me.

What did she give me?

After another while, I'm fully healed from my paralyzation, and the thought of unliving myself is gone.

I look next to me and see a gun. I take it, stand up, and inhale the cold air coming from the window.

Take a blade and walk out.

It's a hallway. I slowly walk and hear a man taking a gun. They won't be holding it; they will have to take it from somewhere they have it, so I'm having to think fast.

I quickly stood in front of them. And before they could say anything, I shot

I see a door where they were standing. I get close to it, but it's locked. I get on my knees and search for keys in their pockets.

Finally, after looking for it for a few minutes, I found it.

Open the door and see

Him