chapter 67~ trust him

When I woke up, Kenji was gone, and I had the best sleep of my life.

I go downstairs, and the smell of something amazing hits my nose. I get to the kitchen and see Kenji making something.

"Oh, you woke up," he asks.

He takes the plate and puts a few pancakes on it, along with honey on top, coffee on the side, and kit Kats.

"You didn't have to." How does he know I love honey instead of syrup on my pancakes?

"I had some time before work," he says, taking a seat and starting to drink his coffee.

"Why aren't you eating?" I ask.

"I don't eat breakfast."

"Wow"

"Why?" he asks me.

"I don't know, how can you not like breakfast?"

A few minutes later, I hear him stand up, and later on, I hear a plate sound that was put on a table.

I look at him and see him eating breakfast.

"I got a little hungry," he said, and I smiled to myself.

After we were done eating, he washed the dishes and went to work.

Something is bothering me, but I don't know what.

Why does he act this way?

I went back to my room and still had nothing to do, so I texted Rory.

She said that they have missed me and that they want to meet me.

Now that I think of it, they don't know I'm married.

Damn

I'll ask Kenji if it's okay to invite my friends here while he's working.

But for now, there's literally nothing for me to do, but suddenly I hear someone text me.

I look down on my phone, and it's from Kenji.

Kenji: Be ready at 8.

Me: Where are we going?

But he doesn't answer me.

Look at my wardrobe, and then remember that I have nothing to wear. A second later, I get another text.

Kenji: second wardrobe

I walk, and when I open, there are four dresses that he brought me.

Wow

They are all beautiful. I look at them, and my eyes can't shift from the black dress that has no back.

But... The scars

What if he gets angry that I wore it and my scars are exposed?

But then again, why would he buy it, right?

I take the backless dress and put it on; it's so pretty.

I brush my hair, and it covers some of my scars.

I love it.

When Kenji came, he took a look and said,

"You look breathtaking." I know, but I didn't say that.

"Thank you"

He walks to the car, opens the door for me, and I get in.

"Where are we doing?" I ask, but he doesn't say anything.

"Is there some place where we need to act like married couples?" I asked him, and I noticed he didn't like when I said the word 'act'. I don't know why.

"No, you will see," he said, and I didn't ask any more questions.

I say no more for the rest of the ride. Kenji would look over at me from time to time, but I don't.

After a while, we stop. Kenji gets out, and I was about to too when someone opens the door for me.

I get out and see Kenji.

"Thank you." I thank him, and he just smiles at me, looking up and down at me.

I look around and see a restaurant.

"What are we doing here?" I ask him. I don't understand.

"I just wanted to make it up to you; I couldn't be there most of the time since you started to live at my house," he says.

"And there will be no one other than us; I know you don't like places with a bunch of people." I look away and smile at myself.

We walk in, and it's a beautiful place with gigantic windows that show a garden.

I stare at the garden, maybe a little too hard.

"Do you like it?" he asks, and I nod.

We sit at the table I choose, and every one of them is empty. I chose one that you can see the garden from.

We look at the menu and see unfamiliar names.

What the hell are those?

I looked up to see if Kenji had already chosen, but when I looked at him, he was already looking at me.

"Do you have trouble choosing what you want?" he asks.

"Kinda," I admit.

"Is there anything you don't like?" he asks, and I shake my head.

"Allergies?" he asks again, and I shake my head.

"None"

He started to explain, and I settled on a... Something that I can't even pronounce its name, but it's meat baked in dough with mashrums and other stuff.

"Is there anything you don't like to eat?" he asks.

"No, I like everything."

"So you weren't a picky eater?"

"How could I be lucky if I could eat anything?" I tell him, but then I regret it instantly.

"Sorry i-"

"Don't be; I know what childhood you had; maybe not a lot, but I want to know, and it's not like I don't understand; I'm adopted, as I said before, and a lot happened before I was adopted."

"How old were you when you got adopted?"

"7, maybe 8," he answers, and I just nod.

"I was on the streets looking for food or something, and that's when they found me. They adopted me and gave me everything I couldn't even dream of."

He talks about his past.

"But, years later, when I went back to my mother country, someone contacted me and was claiming that she was my mother." He goes off about how she turned out to be his mother, and she turned out to be mentally ill. That's why she threw her kid away and stuff like that.

"Damn, sorry for you, but the only thing I got lucky with was that I had a house," I state.

"Yeah, but the expenses."

"Oh, you know, I had money from the job my uncle made me do." He knows what I mean.

He nods and looks at his food that was delivered while we were talking.

The whole time, we got to know each other, even silly things like what color I like or my favorite flower, and things like that.

Now that I look at it, I feel sad because this will never be something more than a friendship because of what he did.

Yes, I thought I forgave him, but when he acts all nice to me and treats me right, I forget all of the dark past, but after everything is done, I remember what happened.

And remember not to trust him.