chapter 78~ need time

"I love you," Kenji reminds me.

"I get it."

"Good"

"What if I don't?" I ask.

"I love you, but if you don't, I will help you look for your happiness and let you go with your loved ones. And I will never regret falling for you. I want to love you, but more than that, I want you to be happy."

"Kenji, I just want to be happy with who I have become at the end of the day. I want to be proud of the love I offered and the fact that, despite being assaulted, I risked my heart. I want to know and understand that I showed up as much as I could, that I made others feel seen, because I never feel like I'm doing enough, and that I helped those around me feel less alone. I want to be proud of the effort I put into those I care about. I want to be proud of the way I recovered, the mistakes I made, and the lessons I learned," I explain, and he listens.

"I just need to at least try." I feel my eyes becoming glossy. "If I don't put in the effort, how am I any different from a dead person?" I look at him.

"What I'm trying to tell you is that I need"

"I know what you need; you need time for yourself. I get it, and I'm willing to give it to you and help; just tell me how." He looks into my eyes with adoration.

I look at him and his eyes; his pupils became pigs, as I do when you walk in the dark.

I was frightened of falling in love for a very long time before, but now that I look at him.

"You're pupils grew aza, are you okay?" I hear him say.

I realized that it had already happened to me.

I love him.

But am I willing to give away my dream of becoming someone who isn't afraid of being me?

No.