bonus chapter #2

10 year later

"Kira, what did you do?" I ask her. 

"It's not my fault," she gets defensive.

"Your uncle had to drag you from the police department."

"Thank you, by the way." I look at him and thank Owen. Next to him is Jade, who's standing there looking at the floor.

"Some guys were harassing Darcy; Jade wanted to help but it didn't work out, so I went there." She doesn't look down; she looks straight into my eyes.

"Honey, I'm not mad that you wanted to help your sisters; I'm mad that you got caught," I say.

"Are you serious?" Owen asks.

"What? I can't ground my daughter for defending her sisters."

"Well yeah, but..."

"And Owen, please, we both know that fists work better than nice words," he nods.

"Yeah, but next time don't get caught, please, and thank you for defending Jade." Owen thanked her.

"She's my sister," Kira tells Owen.

We look at each other and smile at ourselves.

God, we made it, and I made it.

I want to go back in time. Sometimes, whenever something would shine but my eyes would still see black, I was unaware of other people's perspectives at the time.

I want to give peace of mind to old myself, when surviving was the only thing that mattered in life, so I can tell her not to give up, but good thing I did that I didn't kill myself when last time I was kidnapped.

Because all of a sudden I look around, and life isn't about surviving; it's about living, about feeling when you remember you have a heart beating inside of you and you're not just existing but experiencing.

~~~
The end