bonus chapter #1

Three years' later

"Your daughter just ripped your brother's face off," they said.

"Which one?" I ask.

"Dorian's"

"He can handle it," I state.

"I'm telling you Kira will grow up being something else," Theo said.

"Where's Darcy"

Two years ago, I gave birth to two beautiful twin girls. As we all know, it's rare to see twins in De Luca's family, but here we are.

"She's playing with jade," Owen answers.

Jade is Owens and Max's daughter; they adopted her last year. She's a few months younger than my girls.

Theo has a girlfriend, Henry got married two years ago, and I went to his wedding very pregnant.

We're not sure about Theo's girlfriend; they've been together for a few months, but she's nice, I guess.

She doesn't know anything about my past, like Henry's wife and Max do.

"Aaaaaaaaa," I hear Darcy's scream.

"Kira, stop chasing your sister with a knife." It's a plastic knife, but Darcy is still scared.

"Jade, honey, help your sister," I hear Max say.

Jade goes to Kira and takes the knife from her.

Kira looks at me. I know what she wants to do, so I shake my head and say,No.

She has anger issues; even though Kira and Darcy are sisters and well twins, they're the complete opposite; you can even see it from this early age.

Darcy is more soft, shy, and quiet when Kira is more aggressive, protective, and like his dad with his attitude.

"I'm home" I hear Kanji's voice.

He comes in and gives me flowers and a mini version of it to our daughters.

"How are my girls doing?" he asks.

"Kira had a tantrum when I tried to give her a bath."

"And she needs one after how she wiped the floor while playing."

"I'll give her one." Somehow, when I give Kira a bath, she's having a tantrum, but when my husband does, it's different.

How is it different??

Whatever

"Aaahh, mamama," I hear Kira screaming.

It's rare to hear her scream; usually she makes others scream.

But I know one who makes her scream like that.

I don't even look at them and say "Dorian put my daughter down"

He holds her by legs whiles she's hanging upside down.

I look around, and the only thoughts that go through my mind are our future and the past that used to hunt me and talk about my hope.