chapter 55~I'm nervous

A few days later, my clothes were delivered. They apologized for being late, but it's fine as long as all of it is here.

Oh, and Kenji's parents also left. I thought they would leave a few weeks later, but it turns out they have their own work to do. Here I am being alone with bodyguards and have nothing to do.

Kenji has been working, and I haven't seen him at all. Not like it bothers me, but yeah.

I got up and decided to walk to the garden.

They have a beautiful garden with yellow sunflowers and red roses.

And they smell so good.

A few hours later, I go inside the house and see Kenji making something in the kitchen.

"Oh, hey, I thought you were sleeping," he said.

"No, I was looking at flowers."

"You like them?" I nod, and he slightly smiles.

I was going to my room when I heard Kenji say, "Dinner in 15 minutes, if you want."

I go to my room; why does he want to eat with me?

Kenji's P.O.V

I have been working for a few months with no rest, and when I found out about Azalea and me, it took a few days, but I did what everyone told me to, and I got an assistant.

When it comes to work, I can do it all. I like to work, but it means spending all my time there. Now that I know Azalea is waiting all alone at home,

I have much less work and can get home early.

I'm making carbonara; mom made me learn how to cook.

But what if she doesn't like pasta?

Shit

Fuck, now I'm nervous. What if she doesn't like it?

Okay, we will see.

A few minutes later, she came. I didn't call her, so she wants to eat what I made.

"I didn't ask if you liked pasta, so if you don't, you don't have to eat," I tell her.

"I'm not a picky eater."

We eat in peace, even though I want to ask her stuff, but that will get her annoyed.

But fuck it.

"How have you been?" I ask her; she doesn't say anything, then looks at me.

"I've been doing great," she says dryly.

"How's Amara"

"Mom's good," she says, eating.

She calls her mom?

That's good

"Sorry, I didn't contact you." She cut me off and said,

"It's good that you didn't," she says, looking at me.

"What?" I look at her, confused.

"Don't take it to heart; this will be over as soon as we get what we want."

She stands up and leaves without finishing the pasta on her plate.

Why would she do or say that?

If she really thinks I will let her go, then she couldn't be more fucking wrong.