chapter 44~hug

Somehow I was assured to eat downstairs. Me and Amara are going down the stairs.

I don't look at anyone, but I feel them staring at me. We walk slowly, and even though I don't talk to them or ask questions, Liam always tells me what to do or not to do. I was told not to move quickly, and I have a few stitches.

Amara takes plates and puts a slice of pizza with fries next to it.

I take a bite and realize how starved I actually am.

After a while, I hear footsteps that I really don't want to hear.

Dorian

"Azalea," he says in a greeting tone. I don't look at him for a second, but then I do.

"I want to talk to you; could you come to my office?" he asks.

I swallowed a bite of pizza that I had in my mouth and answered, "No."

"What?" he asks, confused.

"I don't want to talk to you," I state, and then turn to the table.

Amanda smiles at what I said, and Dorian walks away.

Why should I go to his office? He wants to talk to me; I'm not his client. If he wants to talk, he should come to my room.

"Hey, I want to go to the garden," she offers.

"Can I join?" Theodore asks with his funny, energetic tone, but his slight shyness is still noticeable.

"No," I answered, stood up, took Amara's hand, and we started to walk.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" she says, and I nod.

"What is it?" she asks.

"Nothing"

"I feel like you're not saying something."

"It just doesn't feel real, you know... Having a mother." I look down.

"Oh, honey," she smiles. We continue to walk, but she suddenly stops.

"What-"

"Someone is following us," she whispers.

"Who?" I whisper back, but second thing, I know someone's falling sound.

"Ow," I hear a voice who I assume is Theodore's.

"Fucking dumbass," Kenji says.

Amanda looks at them, and they look embarrassed.

"What is going on?" she asks.

"We were just taking a walk," Theodore said, not so confidently.

What is Kenji doing here? I don't want him here.

"I'll go back to my room," I say, and I just walk away without saying anything or letting anyone say a thing.

~~~

I have a mom.

I feel comfortable with her.

Maybe it's because I have finally admitted to myself that I need someone.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking sound.

It's... Dorian

Okay, let's get it over with.

"Come in," I say.

He walks in. "How are you doing?" he asks.

"I'm fine"

"Of course, as always," he chuckles.

"I came here because I want to say something."

"Sure, what is it?" My tone with them is no longer what it was before; it's more formal, I guess.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you; it was just a shock for everyone."

"No." I couldn't keep it in and said

"What," he says, looking confused.

"I am not forgiving you," I spell it out for him. "I feel betrayed; none of you listened to what I had to say but believed that crazy bitch that I'm a psycho to a person you have known for 24 hours over me." I raise my eyebrows.

"And apologizing for what? So now that you don't have Alexsa anymore, you want me on good terms with you, so at least you will have it with one of the sisters?" I chuckle

"You chose her; remember that; that was your decision, and even if you regret it now, there's nothing you can do about it," I inform him. "All you can do is go to her."

"If there's anything that I can do to..."

"I don't trust you; you promised that those dark lives that I have been living would be forgotten, and you offered me a life without fear," I remind him.

"And look at me, I'm still scared." i sighn.

"Of living with people who can, will, and did betray me with a person they knew for a few hours."

He nods, leaves, and after a few minutes, I hear a knock.

It's Amara; she comes in and sees teared up. Azalea

"Oh, my little girl," she says, getting close to me without hugging.

Why isn't she

I want her to

I place my hand on her waist, and she gives me a hug. She sits on a bed, and I'm hugging her. It feels good. I never thought I could feel this insignificant.

With those thoughts, I fell asleep.