chapter 49~ reunite our families

I'm currently in my room dressing up. I decided to go with a sundress that mom bought me.

I go downstairs and tell them that I'm ready. "I'm ready."

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" mom asks. I shake my head and say,No.

Me and Henry went to the car; Liam is driving.

After a while, the car stopped, and we saw Kenji standing in front of his house.

We greet each other and shake hands. He walks us to the room where his parents were.

"Hi, we haven't seen you so long." They greet Henry and then look at me.

"How are you, Azalea?"

"I'm good, thank you for asking." I smile, and then we sit.

"I won't waste our time; go straight to the point," Kenji's mom said.

"I know you guys need help, and we can provide it, but this won't look good in other mafia members eyes; we aren't asking for or sharing any of y'all's business."

"That's why we can provide the help you need right now and in the future if we reunite our families," Kanji's father says.

"Are you suggesting that your son and my sister get married?" Henry asks

They start talking about something while I'm sitting, and my eyes search for Kenji.

Did he know about this?

"May I excuse myself to the bathroom? I ask.

"Of course," they say, and I get the hell out of the room.

I look for the restroom but instead get lost. Turns after turns, I dump into someone.

I was about to apologize, but when I saw who it was, I hesitated.

"What are you doing here?" Keji asks.

"I was looking for the bathroom and got lost," I answer.

"I'll walk you there," he said, and I followed him.

We haven't seen each other in months.

None of us said anything, but then I broke the silence by asking him if he knew why his parents called me here.

"Did you know?" I ask him.

"What?" he asks.

"About the marriage," he turned to me, confused.

"About what? Who's getting married?" he asks, being genuinely concerned.

"You should talk to your parents," I tell him, and I go to the bathroom.

Kenji's P.O.V

She goes to the bathroom and closes the door, leaving me confused.

Is she getting married?

No fucking way

The whole time I was not there and blaming myself that it was my fault that she got kidnapped, turned out she was with someone else?

If I had believed her, none of this would have happened to her.

If I were there for her, I could have asked her on a date as I had planned, and maybe she would have agreed.

But it's all gone now.

I know she hated me, but now I guess she's over whatever microscopical thing we had.

It's all my fault.

And I don't know how to fix it.

I can't let her marry someone else; there's no fucking way I will let that shit happen.

Not on my watch.