chapter 47~ done thing

We got back home all smiles and happy from the realization that we had found each other.

She found a daughter, and I found a mom.

"Is everything okay?" Henry asks.

"Yes," Amara said.

"Henry, I want to talk to you about something." He looks shocked.

"Sure, what's wrong?"

We take a seat. "About the business, I have heard you take half of what you make, but I think it's unfair. Please take full till I learn how to manage it."

He doesn't say anything for a second before saying, "I don't need that much money. I also work with Dorian and get paid, so."

"I know, but I think it's just unfair, and I want you to talk the full amount."

"If that's what you want," he agrees with my statement.

"Azalea, I'm sorry, I didn't think of how you would feel in that situation."

"It's fine," I tell him, and I leave.

I go to my room.

I feel like I need to think, but suddenly, on the way, I smell a cigarette.

But from where?

I walk where the smell is strong and see Mom.

"Mom," I question

"Oh, honey, sorry," she shows me the cigarette. "I'm a bad influence," she smiles sadly.

I want one so bad.

Alexsa gave me packs of cigarettes for me to smoke. I would get pleasure from them, and so did she; she thought I would die if I smoked.

I know it is childish, but it is what it is.

"Why do you look at it like that?" she asks.

"You know I was addicted to drugs, right?" she nods, understanding that people like that always look for something that can get them some kind of high feeling.

"Do you want one?" she offers, and I'm shocked.

"Mom, are you sure?" I chuckle.

"One won't hurt, and you're going through something I can feel."

I take one and go to my room, blowing kisses and saying goodnight.

I just noticed. It's raining. I open the window, and cold air splashes on my face. I breathe in, and fresh air enters my lungs. I feel so... Free?

I light the cigarette and inhale.

It feels so good.

I don't think I'll ever be able to be the same with Dorian again; I just don't feel comfortable with him. Henry deserves a second chance, I guess. Dorian was the one talking the most about everything at the time. Owen is forgiven.

But Theodore?

I don't know; he looks so sad. I would have said that I hate seeing him like this, but I made myself believe that they hate me, so I don't really know how to feel.

And Kenji, yeah, no, that's a done thing.