chapter 74~red lipstick

Mom woke me up. God, I miss being here. She made me breakfast, and after eating, me and Owen decided to hang out, and while Owen called Max, We started to talk about different things, but then I realized that Owen probably hasn't told Max about my past that for the 18 years of my life, I haven't lived with them.

"Hey, does he know it?" I ask Owen.

"What"

"About me"

"That you're married or"

"that I started to live here a few months ago."

"No, he doesn't know that I didn't tell him because I thought you would feel uncomfortable or something, so I would rather you tell him if you want to."

"Oh, okay." I looked around and saw cotton candy.

"Oh my god, I want that."

Owen and Max look at it and narrow their eyebrows.

"Cotton candy," they ask, and I nod.

"Yes, I never had one." That's true. Since I came here, I have tried lots of different candies and chocolates, but I have never tried cotton candy, not here or in Russia.

"There's no way," Max says.

"Yes, way." Owen went there and bought it for us.

I place it in my mouth, and it is dissolved in a matter of seconds.

"It's so goooood."

"I still can't believe you have never tried cotton candy. How?"

"Oh i-"suddenly I hear Owen's phone ring. He takes it and walks a few feet away to talk. When he comes back, he says

"Hey guys, I'm so sorry. I really need to leave, but Max can drive you with my car. My friend is picking me up. There's some kind of problem at work." He kisses Max on the forehead and goes inside the friend's car.

"Work, huh? I wonder which one," he said.

"Hey, are you still mad about the fact that he didn't tell you about the thing?" I meant when Owen told him about him being in a gang.

"Not really; I'm just really worried for him. I don't want him to get hurt. At the beginning, when we started first dating, it was kind of attractive when he would have this bad boy vibe, but now that I look at him and his hurt, my heart hurts."

"Don't worry, he's really strong, but if you see him hurt, you don't want to see what his enemies look like."

"Are you also into that stuff?" Max asks.

"Well, to be honest, I didn't know about my brothers for 18 years."

He started to lough, but then, when he looked at me and my face was serious, he asked

"Are you serious?"

"We can hand out a little and tell you all about it; it's kind of a long story," he nods.

It actually took a few hours to consider how many questions he asked, but he's okay. I'm cool with that.

I told him everything, about Alexa. I didn't tell him that I was married or that I was mad at my brothers and kidnapped, but I did tell him about my past, how they found me, and stuff like that.

"Wow." He started to drive, but then I realized he's going the wrong way, so I told him.

"Hey, you're actually going the wrong way, so can you turn that way?" I point

"It's late. Aren't you going home?" he asks.

"Oh, I'm actually staying at a friend's place,"

"Oh okay" He started to drive the right way, and in a few minutes, we were there.

"Thank you for driving me," I say, and I get out.

I was about to open the door and get inside when I heard Max's voice.

"Oh, hey, sorry, can you actually give me your number again? I changed my phone; my phone crashed at work, so I bought a new one, and I don't have your number in it."

"Yeah, of course." I tell him my number, hug him goodbye, and go to my side

"Where were you?" I hear Kenji's voice from somewhere.

"You scared me," I say as my eyes search for him.

"Who was that, and why did you hug him or why did you give him your number?" he asks again.

"Are you drunk?" I ask him.

"I'm not drunk, okay?"

I get close to him, and a strong smell of alcohol hits my nose.

"You need a shower," I say to him.

"I don't need a shower; I need answers."

"Too bad you aren't getting one," I state.

"You were with him, weren't you?" he asked.

"You don't get to tell me that; where were you?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything.

"Whatever, I don't care," I say as I drag him to the bathroom.

I turn on the water and let the top fill up with it.

Meanwhile, I help Kenji get undressed.

He takes off his pants, and I help him with a white dress shirt.

As he goes inside the tub, I take his pants and dress shirt to put them in the washing machine, but... I see a red lipstick on it.