14.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Aurora had slept through the night. Eventually Damon had taken her to her room where he allowed Luna to roam free knowing Aurora would be happy to wake up to the cat.

Damon on the other hand didn't sleep, he wanted to make sure Aurora got some rest. He was happy she had finally gone to him for help after all they had been through she had finally gone to him and he helped and it felt good and now he promised himself to dedicate himself to her.

He regretted every time he didn't.

He sat in the living room the whole night making sure she was okay even checking her once in a while until the morning hit and someone entered the house.

"Hey we wanted to check on aurora..." Elena walked towards him with Bonnie on her side. She had heard from Damon that he was going to talk to the girl and wanted to know how it went.

"I think it's best we keep the visitors to a minimum..." Damon replied to them downing the last of his drink. "She's so close to turning it on it's best if she feels everything but anger and you make her angry so maybe her being here with me for a while is best"

"You think it'll take long to turn it on?" Elena questioned.

"I'm trying to find something to trigger it. She just needs one little push but I can't think of anything" he answered and turned to look at them. "I know you are worried about Stefan but that's not what I'm focused on I'm doing what's best for Rory she needs it the most"

Elena just nodded understanding. She knew that Damon would take care of Aurora instead of Stefan especially because she was the closest to turning it on.

"If you need anything we're still here Damon we're heading to school though and we have a plan for tonight to get Stefan back I know you might be focused on aurora but I just want to keep you in the loop" Elena mentioned watching how he just nodded.

Damon was definitely affected by whatever aurora and he talked about the night before enough to leave him thinking. He was probably spiraling about what he didn't do wrong to Aurora and maybe he needed to go through that he had to sit and realize that he was also at fault for what Aurora was going through for ignoring her.

The girls eventually left and Damon got up to go get ready for the day, totally not hearing Stefan's arrival with a bunch of college girls. He was too lost in his thoughts.

Aurora eventually woke up from her sleep to Luna laying down next to her. Her eyes immediately brightened up and her smile grew wider and grabbed the cat. She wasn't as energetic as the other times she reunited with her but she felt tired, something she hadn't felt in years.

She felt like she could lay there with Luna all day and she did for a few minutes until she decided that she didn't want to do this. She didn't want to feel the weird feeling she felt all over her so she decided to get up, take a shower and get ready as usual and then headed down the stairs to see her dad down the hall surprised to see her up.