².01

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Eight months had passed.

Eight months of silence.

Eight months of grief.

Eight months of pure pain.

At least for Damon. For some it was five or three but Damon. Damon had still done the same things he did everyday. He would sit on his couch reading Aurora's journal and look at pictures of the girl with Luna on his side while he downed an extreme amount of bourbon.

For the first month he refused to speak to anyone. Stefan tried but he was as sad as him but knew one of them needed to keep things stable around them but he didn't know how.

He didn't know how to get Damon back again; there was truly nothing on this earth that could fill up the void that was caused by Aurora's death. Even if he tried there was absolutely nothing that could fix it.

Even if Damon felt like he was living the same day over and over again the world didn't stop around him. Aurora's death brought a lot of problems. A very certain type of witch called travelers were mad about the magic being practiced in the town.

They were slowly trying to take over the town wanting to strip it from its magic and all the vampires that lived there. Damon wasn't the same as before he couldn't care less about the problems around him he just sat around hoping at some point it would end and it would take him with it.

As for the rest of them they were just trying to save their town not wanting to leave. Damon still heard the conversations listened in here and there but never took action on anything he was just there watching them go crazy over the problems going on.

Eventually when Stefan got the time he would go to him wherever Damon was and would sit next to him to just talk. He didn't want his brother to go completely contactless with the world; he wanted him to be updated about what was going on around him.

Like when Elijah showed up at their door giving Luna back that was one of the times Damon had a fit he didn't know he had brought the cat back until Stefan brought Luna to him telling him how Elijah said he couldn't take care of it anymore with all the issues going on with his family.

Damon saw it as a bad thing he claimed that Elijah didn't love Aurora that he had forgotten about her and he just wanted rid of everything that had to do with her when in reality Elijah just feared everyday that the cat would die and he really didn't want that.

If Luna died that was the last thing he had of Aurora and it would just feel like he completely lost her and he didn't want that and yes taking care of her had gotten hard with all the troubles his family was facing at the time that he couldn't personally take care of Luna.