28.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

After what Esther revealed Aurora couldn't help but rush back home with Elijah following her of course. Just this morning she had felt like everything was crumbling apart and now her hopes were up again. She knew there had to be something to give her a lead and now she had it.

Elijah feared that this was another one of his mothers acts. Something to mess with them like she always did but this time she stooped low by messing with Aurora. If she was trying to get to Elijah the man would've rather had Esther mess with him than having to do something to Aurora to get to him.

He knew Aurora didn't know his mothers games which is why her hopes were up about actually finding the lead but Elijah knew better than to do that. He was skeptical about it and needed to warn the girl that she might've been lying but didn't know how.

When Aurora got home she hoped her dad was there to ask him if he kept her mothers books but since he wasn't she began to tear the place apart trying to find it. After a while Elijah finally decided to stop her.

"Aurora, maybe it's time to take a break..."

"No! I need to find them! My dad would've never gotten rid of them! He loved her! They have to be here. Will you just help me?!" Aurora exclaimed not wanting to listen to him until the man grabbed her, pulling her away from the bookshelf.

"I will help but aurora you must understand my mother is a liar that will do anything to ruin our lives. Never has she done something good for us she could've lied..." Elijah finally told the girl and got some reason her reaction wasn't as bad as if she already knew.

"I know but it doesn't hurt to try so please can you help me" the girl hadn't even gotten off her costume she just wanted to find the books first to know it was true so she could feel a sort of relief something she hadn't felt in days.

"Of course..." Elijah was willing to help her do anything all he wanted to do was make clear that Esther could've lied.

After a moment of helping her they heard some footsteps heading their way. Elijah was the only one to look up and see it was the Salvatore's, Ben and Elena walking in to see the mess Aurora had made.

"What the hell happened here?!" Damon exclaimed to see the state of his library. When Aurora heard his voice she quickly shot up from the floor.

"My mom's grimoires and her journal or whatever they're called tell me you kept them!" The girl demanded waiting for his answer.

"I did, what do you want with them?" He questioned not understanding the sudden interest to find them.

"Esther said that she had already started this, that she was so close. I need them. Maybe they have something, can you please just get them" the girl asked him and he didn't even hesitate, he just nodded and left the room.