08.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Aurora didn't want to know what turned out of the sacrifice. She didn't hear much movement in her house. She still didn't know what it meant but she was happy she wasn't being bothered.

Another good thing was that she didn't hear Elena around. She didn't know if she never finished her transition or if she actually died but she didn't really care.

That was the beauty of not having her emotions on. She didn't care about anything at all although some emotions were fighting their way out of her even if she didn't want to admit it.

She hated being around her family, it stirred feelings and the truth is she only stuck around because she cared.

Aurora had always cared entirely too much. That's just who she was but when she felt how liberating it was to not feel that's just what she chose.

That's what she wanted because the way life decided to treat her left her no choice.

Aurora had enjoyed the peace but was starting to worry why she didn't hear much commotion but something told her she did not want to find out.

Until she heard something she couldn't ignore. Skin burning like when a vampire doesn't have their ring on which made her rush out her bed and down the stairs to see Damon and Stefan there. They had obviously stopped talking because she got there.

Damon was dying; he was bit by Tyler Lockwood and was now suffering the consequences. Aurora knew it wasn't curable they had figured out from when rose died from it.

He didn't want to tell her he thought it would just pile more hurt and will cause her to not want to turn it off even more.

"What just happened?" She questioned still not figuring out what happened. She tried to look around wanting to find who they were torturing but there was no sign of someone else there.

"Your dad..."

"Nothing everything is fine '' Damon immediately stopped Stefan from telling the girl. Stefan wanted to tell her he thought she deserved to know.

"You're lying..." she squinted her eyes and looked over to Stefan. "Tell me now" she demanded but as soon as Damon tried to stop him again she sped to her father gripping onto his throat keeping him away from Stefan.

"He's dying!" Stefan blurted out. "Tyler lockwood bit him"

Hearing the news aurora let him out her hold and turned to him trying to inspect where he was bit. When she saw he was keeping her arm out of her sight she immediately took it to see the bite.

It was bad and obviously had been there since the full moon but it was progressing quickly now it was a miracle if he made it through the night.

"It's nothing!" Damon yanked away his hand.