15.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

"Nice to see that you're having fun" Damon said just as Aurora made her way in the kitchen. She was startled once she heard his voice but calmed down when she noticed it was just her dad. "I didn't expect you to be awake this early"

"I wasn't tired..." The girl walked to the counter and Luna jumped up to a stool then the counter knowing Aurora was going to feed her.

Aurora took a can of cat food and Luna's bowl about to pour it in when she caught the look Damon was giving her, causing her to smile. "I so need to get that room spelled"

"Yes you do! Not that I'm implying you will be doing that every night because I'm hoping that's the last person you sleep with from this town and the last Mikaelson" Damon replies, causing the girl to chuckle. "Ph yeah Stefan snitched on you!"

"I'm so getting him back for that..." the girl rolled her eyes finally pouring out the food then moved the bowl towards Luna to eat. "Go ahead judge all you want"

"I won't, I can just suggest you find someone better..."

"Pick the perfect and consistent person? You know how that ends...it's a burden that's why I usually got it done and killed them but..."

"Don't seem to want to do that anymore?" Damon figured, causing her to stop.

"Not a luxury I can have" she breathed out, almost breaking down. She had been doing that ever since her emotions were spiraling. She was afraid the smallest thing would make her break and her emotions poured out.

Damon never had the words to ever apologize to her about it. He knew the curse was cruel and no one deserved to live with that but it was just out of his control.

"I haven't really slept, my mind is too clouded. I feel so numb yet I feel so much it's like I'm stuck..." Aurora admitted to her father something she hadn't done in forever.

"What do you think is holding you back?" Damon asked, leaning on the counter watching how the girl petted Luna.

"I'm scared it'll happen again I'll let myself fall and I'm back where I started" the girl was almost close to tears but immediately stopped herself that's what she had been doing stopping herself from allowing her to feel.

She didn't want to pretend she didn't feel it, she did but knew she was still holding back so much emotion and if she allowed it to pour out it was going to hurt.

Damon knew eventually something was going to happen that would make her shut it off completely again. He needed to use this opportunity to try and give her that small push she needed.

"The town is putting down a memorial for all the victims...you're going" Damon demanded but not in a rude way. As soon as aurora darted her eyes up to him he noticed she didn't like the idea and he would understand why.