².10

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Flash back New Orleans-

Elijah was sitting in the kitchen of their secret home where Hope was being kept once again trying to focus on the problem they had at hand but ever since Aurora had left New Orleans he hadn't been to. All he kept thinking about was her even if no one else knew. They just all thought he was still being affected by the trauma Esther made him go through but in reality it was Aurora on his mind.

Rebekah had noticed how he wasn't himself she was also aware of the fact that Aurora had come around to see him and that he basically kicked her out which made her furious when Klaus told her. She had yet to confront him about it since it seemed to be a sensitive subject to all but she had finally found the time.

The blonde made her way over with hope on her arms causing Elijah to look up. The baby seemed to bring peace to him which is why she decided to bring her around to get an actual conversation from him.

"Everything alright?" Elijah asked once he noticed she had the baby with her.

"Yes she just woke up from a nap and I'm about to make her a bottle mind holding her?" She approached him, causing the man to take the child into his hold being as gentle as ever.

Rebekah just smiled and walked over to the counter taking out a bottle to heat up some water. "I heard Rory was back and she was in New Orleans?" She finally brought it up looking at how the man's face dropped at the mention of the girl.

"Alright I'll do the talking. I know you ignored the girl and just made her leave. I understand the problem we are facing is dangerous, brother but why would you treat her that way? She loves you and did everything to be with you..."

"Rebekah" Elijah said firmly, wanting her to stop.

"No, do you not realize how cruel you are?! You broke the girl's heart! All because you believe you were saving her when in reality you hurt her! Nik mentioned she looked miserable and you wouldn't even give her an explanation! And I beg you don't make excuses because nothing fixes the fact you hurt her!"

"And don't you think I'm aware?! That's all that's been in my mind tormenting me but I refuse to put her through that hurt again! The risk of her being with someone she loves and worse yet me that has to carry all the extra worry of enemies. She does not deserve to be condemned to this! To our life and hers!" Elijah snapped back and Rebekah understood him she did but she just wanted for him to be happy.

And Aurora made him extremely happy.

"You might be right but Elijah...someone that loves you will stick through all of that and she has before and you did too. You're not willing to do it now why? Do you not love her anymore?" The question offended Elijah of course he still loved her he was offended she could ever think he didn't but then he realized that's what he made it seem.