02.

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Aurora had headed to the mystic grill to meet Tyler as planned. It was no surprise to Damon or Stefan for her to choose him; she usually aimed for the jocks like him.

She would usually do it to play with them and eventually kill them but this time she couldn't do that and she knew she couldn't but it was fun for her to scare Damon and Stefan.

Even if that wasn't the case eventually Aurora would find out that Tyler was a werewolf and that he played a huge part into the world she was about to get herself involved in but right now she didn't think about that she never did.

She did what she wanted and she dealt with the consequences later.

She was currently walking in when she felt a too familiar presence behind her.

"You stopped being the overprotective dad years ago. Why try to act like it now?" She asked not even bothering to turn around.

"I've always cared about Aurora. You know that I just learned to see that you can take care of yourself but now I'm not so sure it's the best way" Damon stood next to her looking at her while she just stood with no emotion scanning the room.

"Here goes the speech again about you not liking the way I cope. It's better this way dad. I've done it for a long time now. I don't care if it's good for me or not" she replied, finally facing him. "Just leave me alone don't try to fix me I don't want to be fixed"

She walked away after that leaving Damon to think about what she said. He knew his daughter was in constant pain; he knew her humanity was something that haunted her too much.

It was so big that she couldn't fight it anymore. She tried to hide and cope with the killing or never having something constant in her life. She made her life easier but at the end Damon was her soft spot, her reminder of who she really was or what she once was.

She didn't want that version of herself back; she knew it would hurt, which is why she fought her humanity everyday.

Damon went to sit at the bar while he watched Aurora approach tyler. He looked at her fake smile she put on to pretend she was happy and it only reminded him of the time she didn't have to fake it.

"You're just popular like that?" Aurora said while she watched a bunch of guys walking away from tyler.

"I guess but don't worry you'll take my place in no time everybody is already talking about you" he informed her while he set up the balls to play pool.

"Great I was already planning on it anyways my ego can't take not being the center of attention" she set her hands on the table leaning in.

"I can tell you have Stefan and Damon behind you like bodyguards. I'm guessing you get into trouble a lot?" Saying this made Aurora turn to look at her dad watching how he didn't remove his eyes from her.