THE ARANGEMENT: To live a lie

What do I do to be loved by you? Or am I already and just blind to it all? —Enjoy

Enjoy.

TWAS only the ten minutes past five o'clock as you stood from the cream leather couch of your living area. Traveling down the hall and into the kitchen to grab a glass of wine to ease some of the clutter on your mind.

Your body tensing at the other figure that stop in front of the stove. Hind hand grasping a wooden spoon as he stirred the steaming pot over and over, bringing the spoon up to swipe a finger across the edge and taste the contents.

Nodding, seeming to be satisfied with the flavor before he walked back over to his cutting board.
Your husband, you had been married for al most a year now. You had never met prior to eloping, only hearing of one another through your parents and colleagues.

Strange but typical for the type of marriage this was to be, someways wising you could go back and change things. Thought what was done was done.

You made not sort of eye contact, but your eyes did glue to his muscular arms that sat in his white button down, the tattoos that peaked out through his sleeves and the clench of his jaw as he focused on the task before him. Though you walked past him and into the wine seller, your eyes scanning the many choices as your fingers latched onto the same bottle you always picked up..your favorite Campo Viejo.

Walking back out of the seller your gently close the door behind you, grabbing a wine glass from the cabinet as you hear a rough chuckle from behind you.

Your eyes locking on him, as he still stood facing the stove, shaking his head softly as he reached down to check his chicken which sat in the oven.

"That's your favorite wine isn't it?" He mutters, his voice making your heart flutter...surprised at the attempt to make conversation.

"...Yes." Unable to utter anything else, not wanting to disturb the rare encounter. How body finally turning to face you as he looks over your face, clearing his throat as he flick his head toward the stove. Taking the kitchen towel that draped from his shoulders as he wiped his hands.

"You hungry?"

Silent for the moment you eventually nod, beginning to walk out of the kitchen and down the hall quickly. Hating how awkward you could be when it came to talking to him, he was your husband after all, well somewhat.

Stopping in your tracks at a small shine that came from his room, the sunset peaking through his bedroom door as you push the fixture back slowly. Swallowing slowly before you step inside, sautéing over to the window to look out into the 15 acres before you. Through your peripheral vision, a slight shine glosses your eye as you turn your head towards it. Moving closer to find a beautiful piece of jewelry laid across his dresser, along with his cologne's, rings and watches.