cant let go.

"i can't let you throw away something that's kept me sane for all these years.."

vote, comment & enjoy!

———

"chris just sign the fuccin papers man!"  you yell in frustration, running your hands through your hair.
there you sat, across from your husband of four years. the only thing separating you both being a long brown table and special papers..

divorce papers.

"you really want me to sign away on these papers...like this marriage was nothing to you- like- like i didn't love you e-"

"my exact point! you didn't love me enough when i really needed it, which is why we're sitting here now!" you scream beating your hand on the table.

"i'm going to give you two a minute. i'll return in a matter of 20 minutes to see fourth your final decision. Mr' and Mrs' Brown please make sure you both are willing to follow through with the divorce before signing the papers." your lawyer voices before standing to his feet and walking out.

he looks up up at you almost immediately, glaring at you his jaw clenching as if the comment offended him but it was the truth. for the past two years of your marriage chris has become unbelievably distant. constant tours and club appearances, you understood he was a multi talented celebrity who was loved by many and you always supported chris's career. you just didn't expect him to push you out his life completely after your 'i do's'.

you were left in his shadows, depression eating you alive as you laid awake waiting for him to come home. nights he'd come in smelling of weed and liquor, you yearning for his affection only to get the same old 'i'm exhausted' or 'i've been working all day' rant before he laid next to you falling asleep.
he'd wrap you in his arms and fight off an argument when all you wanted to do was express how you felt..neglected. unappreciated by the man you loved so dearly. just to be touched by him in a non affection way excited you..a simple kiss on your cheek made you feel as if you were back on his arm. that was pathetic, never should you have had to fiend for your loved ones attention.

you'd stress eat and gained quite a bit of weight, looking in the mirror you no longer knew who you were. releasing you could no longer mope around and beat yourself up, you bossed up. going to gym, getting fit and eating right. you started the venture for your restaurant, developing a beautiful place for the people in your city to come and taste your food. your business sky rocketing and your glow returning making you believe you could come out of the hole you were in, but someone wasn't quite happy with your success.