i do..?

"did he just-"

vote, comment & enjoy!

———
lacing up the strapped heels you paired with a knee length off the shoulder dress, you walk over to your mirror scanning your appearance one more.

sighing you ruffle your curls once more, before walking down the stairs and out the door.
nervous was an understatement, how would anyone feel going to there ex lover/bestfriends wedding?

complicated but..the differences you and chris faced would never stop you from supporting his successes.

you and chris went way back. in middle school you were the best of friends, high school things heating up as you both as confessed your love for one another.

he was your first love..your first time. someone you would hold close to your forever. although your relationship that chris said he wanted to work on was put to a stop once a new female came into his life.

Aubrey, his girlfriend at the time. making his close bond with you slowly fade, deep depression eating you alive to the point where your thoughts became too sour.

one suicide attempt that sent you to the hospital, waking up with wires and tubes running in and out of you. plus something you didn't expect at all..

chris at your bedside.

he wouldn't leave you for anything, after your discharge you and chris never really rekindled your close relationship..it hurt to see him happy with someone else, he tried his hardest to come around but you thought it was best he kept his distance..afraid he'd abandon you again.

now here your where...after the friendship drifted to nothing but a quick check up text chris was marrying "the love of his life".

and man did this shit hurt...

how you wished that was you getting ready to spend your forever with him, watching him wait for you at the end of the aisle..crying at how angelic you looked. placing your lips on his own to seal your love and vows.

stepping into your car you sigh pulling out the driveway to head over to the church.

_ _ _

walking up to the church doors your are greeted by chris family and friends. hearing the same phrases...

"that should be you."