Chapter 47: His cat

Today is the fifth day that Gu Yu has been waiting. Seeing that the phone is still silent, he clicked his tongue impatiently.

"The deadline has come..." He unlocked the lock screen and pulled a contact with the note "Shen Yu" into the blacklist.

"Huh—" Gu Yu sighed, and broke up as soon as they broke up, doing something, wasting time.

Today is the day for Fu Huayu to bury his mother. The site is located in a suburban cemetery in City A. The scale is small and remote.

His mother fell ill due to overwork and broke out suddenly a month ago.

The originally relatively easy life seemed to be filled all of a sudden, with classes during the day, part-time jobs after school, and hospital care at night. All of a sudden, everything was crowded together, making it overwhelming.

Two weeks ago, a man who claimed to be the person in charge of the Fu family came to his door, took a paternity test, and promised to pay for the medical expenses. In exchange, he wants to change his name, and everything will follow Fu's arrangement in the future.

Fu Huayu naturally agreed, but he soon regretted it.

His mother was transferred to a private hospital, and it is said that she received better treatment, and the situation is indeed slowly improving.

But three days ago, the accident happened suddenly. The woman who raised him alone took her last breath three nights ago. The cause of death was organ failure due to overdose of drugs.

But he knows that this is not an accident, this is a warning. That woman named Cheng Xinnuo and her son, in order to remove him as a stumbling block.

At the moment when the cremation was completed, the grave was selected, and the burial was about to take place, Fu Huayu realized that three days had passed, and the situation that was originally improving suddenly collapsed, and the beating people were caught off guard.

Mother had few friends, and funerals were scarcely arranged. Fu Huayu knelt in front of this brand-new tombstone. All kinds of fragments from the past flashed through his mind. His hands trembled as he caressed this bitingly cold stone tablet. His throat seemed to be blocked and he couldn't make a sound. , wanted to open his mouth and let go but couldn't.

Today is a suitable day for burial. The dense dark clouds make people breathless. In such a gloomy weather, everything is silent, and the chirping of insects and birds seems to disappear in an instant.

Kneeling quietly for a long time, Fu Huayu took out his cell phone from his pocket with a slight tremor. Maybe it hadn't been charged for a long time, and the battery was only at a pitiful ten percent.

Gu Yu...

He clicked on the chat window, and the last time displayed was five days ago.

The last one was sent by Gu Yu, asking him why he didn't reply.

...By the way, too many recent events have exhausted him physically and mentally...

Fu Huayu stared at the chat records, feeling anxious in vain, as if something had happened somewhere that he didn't know about.

The battery was reduced to 9%. Fu Huayu clicked on the keyboard and edited a long message, explaining his recent situation, and saying, "When will you be back?"

I miss you.

Hit send, followed by a red exclamation point.

"Ho—" Fu Huayu opened his mouth, but he could only exhale a hoarse and low sound from his throat.