Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You

At 5.00 a.m. the sound of my phone buzzing woke me up, I threw my hand on Sarah's nightstand and started looking for my phone. After two seconds I found it and turned it on to see who was texting me that late. When I turned it on my eyes flinched due to the brightness but I quickly got used to it. I saw that Jj had been texting me:

Jj🌊🤙🏄

Lilli, I need you.

Please come over now.

It's my dad again.

Lil answer.

Lillian

Alright, fuck you.

Me

Sorry J, I was sleeping, I'm omw

Jj🌊🤙🏄

Thanks, Lil

Me

Ofc, c u in 20

Jj's dad had been hitting him for years, mostly because of drugs and alcohol. Jj never really had anyone that he could consider a parent and that's why he cherished the pogues so much. We were his family.

I quickly got out of Sarah's bed and wrote her a note saying where I was and what I was doing. I changed from my pyjamas to an oversized t and some jean shorts and headed downstairs immediately. I didn't want to make Jj wait alone.

I ran down the stairs and took my purse from the kitchen counter. That's when I saw Rafe scrolling on his phone on the couch. I rolled my eyes thinking about how many times his presence had haunted me tonight.

I walked to the front door and that's when he saw me.

"Where are you going?" He asked with an unbothered tone.

"None of your business," I answered coldly.

"Well it kind of is because I am the one who is babysitting you and Sarah while Simon and Ward are at your house, so if you're leaving at 5.00 a.m. to go somewhere I don't know and you don't come back in the morning I will be in deep shit" He let out roughly.

"It's already morning. And if it makes you sleep at night I'm going to Jj's." I said and put my hand on the door handle.

"Why are you going to that dirtbag's house huh? Is he your boyfriend? I wouldn't be surprised if your standards would be that low considering that you hang out with pogues" Rafe said with a smug look on his face.

"For your information no, Jj is just a friend now leave me alone and mind your business." I said and stormed out.

Why did he care so much about who I was with? Why was he even talking to me?

I entered my car quietly which was parked at my house, I figured my parents were sleeping so they wouldn't notice. I drove to the cut which kind of scared me during that night but nothing bad happened so that feeling quickly left my mind.

In about ten minutes I made it to Jj's house. It was chillier than what I expected so when I left my car the breeze gave me goosebumps. I didn't have a sweater because a few hours prior it was extremely warm so I didn't think of bringing one.

I entered the house and saw Jj alone on his couch, he had clearly been crying. I went over to him and hugged him.

"Hey," I said softly. He stayed quiet.

"Do you want to talk about it? I asked him with a compassionate smile.

"I guess I should, you're the only one that could understand anyways." He said. That made me smile but I hid it because I wanted to focus on him.