Chapter 15- A Big Secret

DISCLAIMER: Abuse, Suicide, Anxiety

Rafe's POV:

After Lillian left I thought back to our time together last night, she looked so beautiful in that dress. We talked so much and she already taught me so many things. Deep talks with her were easy. I never felt like it was easy to discuss my feelings but she could understand me which made it super easy. 

She made me feel so happy, her laughter and her smile. 

When she talks about the things she loves she has this passion in her eyes, she talks about those things and knows everything about them. She's hard to figure out but I somehow manage really well, I always look at her, fascinated by her. 

One moment when we were swimming she saw a few fish and told me to look at them and how cute they were. I didn't though, I looked at her, she got so excited over such little things. She appreciated life in all ways and never took anything for granted. 

As I looked at her getting so excited I thought about how much I love her, I would take a bullet for her. No doubt I would. 

I wish I could tell her, but it was too early and I myself understood that. 

She was perfect and somehow she liked me, somehow she thought I was good enough for her, which I wasn't. 

All of a sudden Sarah called me to her room. 

"Rafe come here," she yelled so I would hear her. I went into her room and she was on her bed with a look that seemed mad. 

"What do you want Sarah?" I asked her annoyed, I knew what she wanted to talk to me about. 

"Rafe are you serious about her?" she asked me and I got slightly offended. 

"Of course I am, she means the world to me, she's helping me with everything and I love her. Wait you didn't hear that, I never said that." Shit, she was going to tell Lillian. 

"You love her?" she asked me meaningly. 

"Yeah, like I don't know how to say it but she feels like home to me, just seeing her from far away puts a smile on my face. She makes me understand so many aspects of life that I never knew of, she's, she's just-" I said before I interrupted myself. "Doesn't matter anyways because she doesn't feel the same way," I said. 

"Shut up, yes she does," Sarah told me abruptly. 

"What? She does?" The feeling of her loving me made me so happy, I only realized it recently, but I've loved her for months and finally, she loved me back. 

"She didn't fully say that but I think she does, but give it time." Wow. Lillian Bianca Jones loves me. 

"But Rafe, you better treat her super well. Her last relationship left her so deep into a hole." Sarah said before stopping herself. 

"What do you mean?" I asked Sarah, that Daniel. Again. 

"Nevermind it's not my story to tell," Sarah said a tear coming down her face. 

"Sarah, why are you crying?" I asked her confused. 

"Nothing, I can't tell you," Sarah said. 

"Sarah, you don't have to tell me the whole story but explain a little, I've heard this Daniel's name but never what he did. Did he ever hurt her?" I asked with rage burning in my chest. 

No person should have ever hurt Lillian, my favourite girl. The woman I love more than anything else. I was going to kill him. 

"Just ask her, I can't tell you," Sarah told me.