Chapter 6- For What It's Worth

My friends got on the Twinkie to go to the mission; they were trying to find some old mailbox that apparently had a letter inside from some old surfer that John B and Jj idolized for some reason. The letter would tell them something that, of course, they weren't going to tell us.

I find it funny that they were searching for a mailbox that they could only recognize by a small detail (A starfish drawing on its side), but then again it is the pogues.

They said bye to me and Sarah was the only one who had a concerned face. I covered up my feelings pretty well but Sarah knew me too well to not tell if something was wrong. I took Sarah's car and drove to where I thought Rafe would be: Barry's.

As I pulled into the trailer park my heart started beating really fast. I was nervous that someone was going to do something to me: a young girl, known as the kook princess at a place full of drug addicts isn't the safest combo.

I parked the car and gave myself a quick pep-talk. I entered and went to find Barry to ask him where Rafe was, J described him to me when he was venting about his dad so I knew what to look for. I walked into the patio of the trailer and saw who I was looking for. Barry. He was pretty short and had dark hair tied up in a bun. I made my way to him and kicked out the anxiety that was filling my body.

"Uhm, hi, are you Barry?" I asked him, I tried to sound confident to let him know that he couldn't mess with me.

"That's me. What is the kook princess doing here huh?" he said with a raspy voice.

I rolled my eyes at him to once again let him know that I can stand my ground. "I'm looking for someone. Is- uhm- Rafe Cameron here?" I was mad at myself for stuttering but I don't think he even noticed.

"Are you Ms. Country Club now?" He asked me and grinned.

"Sorry?" I said looking confused.

"Are you his girl? Because for your information he's late on a payment and I need something or in this case someone as collateral." He continued. His words scared me to death, but I had to pull the unbothered look off.

"No, I'm not even his friend so you can fuck off. Now tell me where the fuck he is before I make you regret it" I tell him and he actually looked surprised. I laughed at myself for what I had just said, I have no idea what I was on about because I could never fight anyone, especially not Barry.

"Wow the princess isn't a little pussy is she huh? Some dude in a polo got him and I don't know where he went." Barry told me.

"Okay thank you and goodbye," I said, he had given me what I wanted so at least I could say thank you.

"By the way, it don't seem like ya ain't friends 'cause when he's coked up all he rambles about is you: 'Oh Lillian there, Lillian here'" He said mocking Rafe. Saying that I was surprised was an understatement. Why would Rafe even give a fuck about me? I quickly stopped myself from going into a train of thoughts because I had to focus to try to find Rafe.

Barry said something about a dude in a polo so it must have been Topper. So I called him to see where he had brought Rafe

"Hey Top, first I wanted to say I'm sorry for how I talked to you earlier." I told him in an apologetic tone.

"It's cool, sorry for blaming it on you by the way," he told me.

"Actually I think it kind of was my fault, but long story short where did you bring Rafe?" I told him quickly so he wouldn't ask questions.

"What do you mean, I never brought Rafe anywhere." He said sounding just as confused as me.

"Are you sure because I was at Barry's and he told me that a dude in a polo picked Rafe up" I blurted out.