Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)

Lillian's POV:

"Lillian, Sarah, Ethan let's get to the country club we're going to be late." My dad yelled from the ground floor. "Coming!" both Ethan and I yelled at the same time from our respective rooms. 

"Ready Lil?" Sarah asked me, I took a moment to breathe and replied, "Born ready." Sarah smiled at me and took my hand, we both walked out of my room and down the stairs together where my parents and brother awaited us. 

"You girls look pretty," My mom said and we both smiled at her. "You all clean up nicely, Lil and Sarah you two can take Lillian's car, me, Mom and Ethan will go together in mine," my dad said and I nodded as he threw me the keys to my Mercedes. 

We all left our house and got in our cars. 

"Lil, can we make a quick pit-stop?" Sarah asked me as I started the car. "Where? I said. "My house," Sarah said and I nodded. 

Secretly I was afraid that Rafe might still have been there but I didn't want to show my concern as it was kind of childish. Our houses were basically attached so it took no time for me to park in front of Tanny-Hill. "Do you want me to come in?" I asked her. "Sure I'm just getting some purse essentials like a charger, gloss, and stuff," she said and I nodded. 

We both left the car and entered Tanny-Hill. We walked up the stairs and went to Sarah's room. I felt the need to go pee so while Sarah got her stuff I went to the guest bathroom the Camerons had. So far no Rafe. I did my business and left the room after washing my hands. 

As I walked down the corridor I felt some curiosity enter my body. Rafe didn't seem to be home and I just felt the weird need to see his room one last time. I tip-toed to his room quietly and looked inside the door's lock to see if anyone was in there, letting curiosity get the best of me. I knew this was probably a horrible idea but it was like I lost control of my brain and only my heart was talking. I slowly and quietly opened the door to his room. 

It was messy, clothes everywhere, I could tell the air was spoiled and that not a lot of sunlight had entered it in days. I made my way to Rafe's nightstand and froze. 

There was a small bag of coke on top of it, just out in the open. As I looked closer I could also see residues from already snorted lines. Rafe was back on coke. Fuck.

I stood there for a second but felt my breath start to get faster, my heart beating fast in my chest. A few tears come down my cheeks but I wipe them off so they wouldn't ruin my makeup. In no time it was hard for me to breathe well. A panic attack of course, as per usual. 

Sarah must've heard me as she came running into the room with a worried look on her face. "Fuck Lil," "Okay, look in my eyes and inhale," she said making me follow her breathing. "Now exhale," she said and I so, feeling myself calm down I tiny bit. 

"Okay now repeat, inhale, and exhale," Sarah said to me, repeating the process until I was all calm. Right when I felt slightly better she hugged me tight, I have to say I needed that. 

We broke apart after a minute. "What happened?" she asked me with a concerned look on her face. "Did you know Rafe was back on coke?" I asked her and her expression gave me an answer. She did. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her, leaving the room as we both knew we would be late if we didn't hurry up. "You were just caught up in everything else and I didn't want to add anything more," Sarah said as we entered my car. "I get it Sar but you should have told me," I said to her and she nodded. "Yeah, I'm sorry Lil," she said to me and I smiled. "Bitch I'm not mad at you," I chuckled and so did she. "Are you okay though?" she asked me. "I'll be fine, let's just get through tonight," I said turning up the music on the short ride to the country club.