Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)

Listen to Hard To Sleep by Gracie Abrams while reading this!

Jj's POV:

"You need to stay the fuck away from Lillian," Rafe said. "How am I supposed to do that?" I laughed out. I was so mad at him. He had the privilege of dating Lillian and threw it all away without thinking about it twice. 

Lillian was different now, she was always tired and stressed and I couldn't see the flash of passion she always had in her eyes. It's like he just turned her heart off, just like that. 

At the same time, I was more than happy they were over, I always knew he was bad for her. Lillian is sweet, and caring and it's like she has the sun inside her body, everything she touches becomes happy and bright, she cures people. 

Rafe is the opposite, rude, doesn't give a fuck about anything or anyone and everything he touched becomes angry and unhappy, for example, Lillian. 

I on the other hand would never damage Lillian, if she had been with me I would have protected her and saved her from the mess Daniel was, not like Rafe. I deserved her, I wanted her, I loved her for her, not Rafe. And finally, I could have her, we had been getting closer in the past few days, lots of deep talks and comforting each other. I just hoped she saw it in the same way I did. 

Rafe didn't answer my question, he just stood in front of me speechless for a few seconds before his fist hit my face with the hardest force I had ever experienced. I felt my blood vessels break as he did that, stumbling on my feet. Soon enough we were back to wrestling and he was getting me, that was before a security guard entered the room. 

"Do we have a problem here?" He said loudly. Rafe immediately let go of me. "Pardon me, officer. No, there's not an issue. I just. Actually, yes. No, there is an issue, we have a criminal trespass in progress here. Beep, call it in, right? I'm in violation of all kinds of shit, sir, but this young gentleman," I said, playing with Rafe's tie. "Don't touch my shit." he spat out quickly. "Uh, caught me, sir, and he's about to take me away. And that's what you should do, escort me out of here. You got me." I said, trying to save myself from the situation. 

"You know what, I don't get paid enough for this, sort it out," the security guard said leaving the room. 

"Get the fuck out Maybank," Rafe said to me. "Yeah don't worry, but if you get a chance do tell Lillian that she was looking extra hot today in that dress, can't wait to see it on my bedroom floor." I said to piss him off. 

I hadn't even seen Lillian (even though I knew she looked stunning) but Rafe being the idiot that he was fell for my lie, coming up to me and punching me in the jaw.

Topper's POV:

Dinner had just finished and the dances had started, I went to look for Lillian, we had this tradition of always dancing together at Midsummers since we were kids. I was still so surprised at everything that had happened. 

I hated Rafe for doing that to her, and the fact that he cheated on her just as she was starting to heal from Daniel, just thinking about it made me want to kill Rafe. I scanned the yard where the event was being held to find Lillian, but I couldn't find her, what I could find was a concerned Sarah looking around the yard for someone. 

I walked over to her, "Hey Sar, " I said. "Hi Top, what's up," she said with a distant tone. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "Rafe," she said and I rolled my eyes. Of fucking course. "What did he do now?" I asked. "I genuinely don't know, it's like they were fighting in code. Can you go to Lillian and check up on her for me? I tried but I think she needs you right now," Sarah said to me. "Of course, where is she?" "Girls' bathroom," Sarah said and I nodded heading there.