Chapter 11- Damage Control

I rushed out of my house, still in my pajamas but I really didn't care. 

It's so hard to get clean and relapses are the moments when you are at your lowest ever. You feel like you will never be able to get out of that tunnel but you also feel like you filled up a void in your life. You think that you'll never get clean and convince yourself to stop trying. 

Don't get me wrong, Rafe hadn't been clean for a long time. But I could feel that this time it would've been different and so did he. This was his first real relapse and I needed to be there for him no matter what. 

I rushed into my car and started the motor, I drove to Barry's in what must have been five minutes, so I was definitely speeding. I don't know how this happened so fast but I was going to do everything for Rafe. 

I got to Barry's and stormed in. I gave him his money and to be honest I expected him to ask for way more than that. I rushed to find Rafe, I found him sitting down on a couch, he had just sniffed the last line that was on the table. I saw him, so miserable, so sad, so angry at himself and tears came to my eyes, he wasn't all of these things but his dad convinced him that he was and drove him into relapsing. 

"Rafe?" I said with a slight sob but I tried to push the tears away for Rafe. 

"Lil?" He answered throwing his head up from the table to look for me. His eyes met mine, they were so red and he had a different look on them. Not the loving Rafe that I was getting used to, not the rude Rafe that I had known all my life, he seemed sad. Like someone had stabbed him in the heart and he couldn't take it anymore. 

"Lil, please don't leave me, I'm sorry. I let you down I know. I know you're disappointed but please don't leave me." He said sobbing. 

I grabbed his face with my hands, one on each side, and looked him in the eye. 

"Rafe, I'm not disappointed. I get it, truly." I told him emphasising the 'truly' so that he would get that I meant my words. 

"You do?" he asked tears coming to his eyes. 

"Yes, Rafe. Of course, I do. Let's go home now." He nodded and followed me. It was hard to get him in the car because he was barely listening to me. He seemed off. Very off. I could just see it in his eyes. Something was different, but, of course, I let it go. 

We got to my house, I couldn't bring him to his house because I knew that Sarah would be awake. I brought him to mine as my parents were sleeping when I left the house, I could just sneak him out the next day. 

I brought him to my room, it was hard and required a lot of dragging. 

"Do you want me to get you some clothes to sleep into?" I asked him and he shook his head. Taking off his pants and shirt and getting in my bed only in his boxers. 

"Or that," I said chuckling at how he did that so naturally. 

I didn't look at him too much and I just slipped into bed beside him. Before I did that, I locked my door so that if my parents woke up they couldn't come in and see Rafe half-naked and assume weird things. 

I was so worried about him, his dad's words really got into his head. "Are you okay?" I asked him and turned around to face him. "Yeah I'm good," he answered but I could tell he was lying. He knew that I could tell but I didn't want to force him to open up so I just nodded and closed my eyes to sleep. 

The next morning I woke up before him, I was laying in his arms and he was still sleeping peacefully. I took a picture of him because he looked so calm and so cute. After a while, he woke up. 

"Good morning beautiful," he told me "Good morning handsome," I told him and smiled. 

"So are we going to talk about it?" I asked turning my body around so I was facing him, my body on his chest.