Chapter 30- Back To Real Life

It's been a week since everything happened. It was hard, and I certainly wasn't over anything. 

As I saw Rafe standing there, outside that house, I felt healed. I wasn't, not permanently. When I was with Rafe I somehow forgot about what had happened. 

But as soon as we would separate, even for two minutes, everything came back to me. I didn't really let myself think about what had happened. I just let the events linger in my head, coming out when Rafe wasn't there to distract me. 

The whole week I had many panic attacks, it wasn't anything new. I still hadn't told anyone about what happened, and even though my parents, Sarah and Rafe were begging me to tell them I wasn't planning on doing that anytime soon. 

Saying what happened out loud would make it so much more real. I hung out with the pogues a few times and we went surfing which was actually very good for me. Everybody could tell what state of mind I was in, I asked everyone to pretend that nothing had happened. They respected that and when we were together it was just like the old times, which gave me a sense of comfort. 

My parents were handling the legal side of things, Daniel now was in jail for what he did to me and for the violation of his restraining order. Now I was finally able to heal without him coming back.

___________________________________________

"I love you, baby," Rafe said to me, making me smile. "I love you too," I said, looking at him in the eyes. We were cuddling in his bed after you know what, this was the first time in a while we had done it, and I missed that feeling so much. Right now Daniel was the last thing in my mind. 

He looked at my necklace, the only thing I was wearing. I had gotten it back from the police the day of the kidnapping. He took my hand and looked at the ring he also gave me, R+L engraved on it. "Promise me you won't ever take these off?" he asked me, I had my head on his chest and he had his arms placed around me. 

"I promise," I said. He reached in forward and kissed me. His kisses were always so soft and delicate, yet they were full of lust and passion. Every time his lips left mine I wanted them back. I looked down at his toned body, I could stare at him forever. 

"Do you want to shower?" he asked me with a smirk on his face. 

"Yeah," I said with a giggle. He took my body and placed me gently on the bed, then he stood up. I saw his back and stared at the scratches that I had left. 

"Oh my god Rafe, I'm so sorry," I said. He knew what I was talking about, he turned around to pick me up and smirked. 

"Don't apologize, it's more of you on me," he said while picking me up bridal style. "I love you, Rafe," I said to him. He smiled without looking at me, it was like his eyes lit up. "I love you more baby," he said, gripping onto me tighter. 

He opened to door to his bathroom and walked in the shower. His shower was big, it had a place to sit and generally lots of space. He placed me on the bench and looked at me, lust in his eyes. 

"How do you want the water love?" he asked me. 

"Warm is fine," I answered. He turned the water on and adjusted its temperature. He softly took my hand and lifted me up so I was standing. 

Rafe adjusted his arms so they were around my waist, just resting on my lower back. He leaned in and kissed me softly before grabbing some body wash and scrubbing it on my body. He did this so softly as if my body was made of crystal. Then he took some shampoo and softly put it in my hair. He so softly massaged it into my scalp, making me feel so good. 

As he did this he gave soft kisses to my neck making my heart beat faster. 

Once he was done I returned the favor and between kisses and bubbles, we were done.