Chapter 23- Celebration of Love

A week had passed since the party and everything was going much better. 

No more messages, no more panic attacks, just fun. 

I had gone on a date with Rafe, hung out with the pogues and with Topper, and had a sleepover with Sarah and Kie. Everything was great. I thought the messages were simply pranks made by someone who felt like slut shaming a girl. 

Today was the day of my parent's anniversary. They were celebrating 20 years together. Every year for their anniversary they would host a big party. Everyone in the OBX knew about it, mainly because we were the most influential family (With the Camerons). 

As to be expected every kook was invited, and none of the pogues were. It was a huge event, and surprisingly it was actually made to celebrate their love and not only for business. That's why I always looked forward to it. My parents were the best and I loved them a lot. 

"Ethan?" I yelled for my little brother from my room. "Are you ready?" I asked and he came into my room. He looked a little bit stressed and that worried me a little. I am very protective of my little brother, he has just turned 13 so he isn't very young but regardless I see him as a little kid who can't defend himself. 

We have a very nice bond which makes me so happy, I've seen Sarah's bond with Rafe fade away as we grew up and while they still loved each other, it wasn't the same. 

"I can't tie my tie," he says pointing at the untied tie around his neck. I chuckled and came over to him. "You need to learn how to do these Ian," I said as I tied his tie up. "I know," he said with a chuckle. "You look pretty," he said to me and I smiled. "Why thank you," I said. I was proud of him, he was so polite and kind, yet he was also really funny and extroverted. 

He was a nice kid. I gave him a hug and reminded him of a few things. "Remember no arguing with anyone, always say thank you and please to waiters, and just be yourself," I said to him and he nodded rolling his eyes a little. 

He was always kind of afraid of ruining these events for our parents by doing something stupid on impulse, which is why I reminded him. 

He left my room and I looked at myself in the mirror, I was all ready. I was wearing a really pretty lilac dress. It had thin straps that lifted a corset-type top which was pretty revealing. It had a pretty puffy skirt. The bottom hems were ruffled and the dress reached the floor. I paired it with heels of the same tone of lilac. For jewelry I just kept the necklace Rafe gave me and the promise ring, I also added a few gold bracelets. I wore a lilac clutch with gold details. I blew out my hair and I did my fancy makeup routine. It consisted of concealer, blush, eyeliner, highlighter, mascara, and lip gloss and then I added some lilac eyeshadow. Everything turned out really good and even though I felt a little extra I knew I was dressed to the occasion. 

(Lillian's Outfit) 

(Lillian's Outfit) 

I texted Kie, Sarah, Topper, and Rafe and asked when they were arriving. I felt really bad about not inviting Jj, John B, and Pope but my parents forbid me from doing so, the pogues knew of the party and understood the circumstances.