Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland

"I'm just going to tell Rafe where I'm going to be and then we can get ready," I told Sarah, leaving the pool and walking upstairs to Rafe's bedroom. 

I opened the door and found him on his bed, he looked like he was thinking. 

"Hey baby," I said to him and he looked up to see me. "Oh hi Lil," he said, his voice distant. "I wanted to tell you that Sarah and I are going to go clubbing on the mainland, we'll get a hotel room and sleep there," I said to him. 

"Oh okay, that's fine," he said, he had stood up and was now closer to me, I looked up to look him in the eyes but he avoided contact. "When you come back I have something to tell you," he said. My heart skipped a beat. 

"You can just tell me now," I said, trying to get him to look at me but he just stared at his wall. "No, I'll tell you tomorrow," he said, slightly aggressively. "Okay, jeez fine," I shrugged and walked to the door to leave. 

"I love you," I said. I shut the door, I heard nothing back. If he had said anything I hadn't heard it, that was enough to form a lump in my stomach. 

 Daniel was gone, he had been put into jail until the court date where everything would have been established, that was in two weeks. 

So why did something feel off? Correction, someone felt off. 

Rafe had never stopped showing me love, demonstrating it with his gestures, possessive touches, dates, and the genuine care he never failed to give me. But even if our conversation lasted two seconds, I knew him. I could read his face, something was off, but the communication wasn't there. And I didn't know what it was. 

I entered Sarah's room and kicked out the intrusive thoughts my mind was floating to. 

Tonight was girls' night. 

"Okay, which dress should you wear?" Sarah asked me, looking into her closet. "I don't really care," I said. "What is up with you?" Sarah said, while still scrambling with the hanged-up clothes in the wardrobe. "Nothing, Rafe just felt off," I said, still thinking about him. 

"Was he being a dick?" she said picking up a brown mini dress. It had long sleeves, it was off-shoulder and it had a thin tie wrapping around my neck. 

"He was just different," I said, eyeing the dress. 

"I'm wearing that," I said and she smiled. "I knew you would," she laughed. 

"Either way, who the hell cares about Rafe? Tonight is girls' night, no boys allowed, not even in mind," she said. I nodded and took the dress to change into it. "Rafe is fine, everything is fine," I said to myself and tried to focus on makeup hair, and accessories. Oh, I love being a girl. 

Sarah and I get off the ferry and get a taxi to take us to the closest club we know. "I'm so excited!!" Sarah says to me and I chuckle. "Same, I can't wait," I laugh. "Can you please get wasted with me?" She begs stretching out the please. 

"You know what? Why not," I answered, I had no plans for the next few days other than midsummer so for once I decided to have actual fun, it's not like I would feel like complete shit the morning after. 

"Oh my god, what's happening to you?" Sarah laughed. Just as I opened my mouth to speak the driver parked next to the club, Sarah, and I paid and entered the club. Sarah and I headed straight to the drinks counter. 

We decided to get vodka shots, three each. "Perfect pregame," Sarah says before downing one. "Pregame?" I say smelling the strong taste of liquor in the glass shot cup. 

"Let loose Lil, everything will be fine," she says and I nod. I wasn't very convinced that what she said was true but nonetheless, I wanted to have fun, and most importantly get the feeling that Rafe was off out of my head. 

I swallowed the clear liquor and felt a burning flavor rise in my mouth. Considering that I had drunk it without any chaser I probably shouldn't be surprised. "See?" It's good!" Sarah said, downing the third shot. "Sure it is," I chuckled. 

Soon enough with more drinks in our hands, we were dancing to the music without a care in the world. I could feel the alcohol in my body and I didn't really enjoy it. I love to let loose and have fun but strong alcohol wasn't quite my cup of tea. 

Sarah and I sway our bodies to the music and scream the lyrics to the songs we do know. We did some club hopping, I decided not to drink anymore for my sake, and after a little bickering, Sarah was fine with that. 

By the end of the night, Sarah was wasted as fuck and I was helping her get in the cab while trying to get myself there as well, and considering I wasn't sober it was a challenge. 

Notes from the author: 

I am so sorry for not having updated for a while, I got really busy with school. Now I have a small break so I will be posting everyday like I used to for the next week. I apologize for the short chapter but in the next one a lot is going to happen and I wanted to have that in one. 

Please vote and if you would comment your thoughts on the story it would make my day as I have been slightly losing motivation because the book is growing a little slower now but ofc don't feel pressured to do anything. 

Also: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 9K READS! I can't believe my book has been read by at least a few people you guys are really the best. 

I love you guys so much and thank you for reading! X