Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?

Play You're Losing Me by Taylor Swift while reading this. 

"Sar wake up we need to check out," I said to Sarah while shaking her body, trying to wake her up. 

"No, just five more minutes," she groaned. 

"No, come on, we have like twenty minutes," 

"Fineee," she groaned finally opening her eyes. 

"Morning sleepy," I said sarcastically as she rubbed her eyes. 

"Morning," she said in a sleepy tone. 

"Come on get ready we have to get back to Kildare," I said to Sarah and she nodded, finally standing up and going to get ready. 

"We can get breakfast on the ferry, I just got tickets for one in an hour," I said and started to gather all our things into a bag. "How are you not hungover you had three shots?" Sarah said before brushing her teeth. "I also vomited them at the third club Sar," I said with a chuckle. "True I guess," she chuckled. 

"Do you want an aspirin?" I asked and watched as she put on her shoes and jacket. "No it's fine, why did you bring a cute outfit life's not fair," she said looking at what I was wearing. I was wearing a crocheted blue beach top and a mini beige skirt, it was a very cute outfit if I'm being honest. 

"Because I like to plan ahead," I said with a smile and she rolled her eyes playfully. "Ready?" I asked her. "Yup, let's roll," Soon we checked out of the hotel and got the ferry to OBX. As we're on the ship getting breakfast my phone lights up and a notification pops up on my home screen.

Rafe❤️

We need to talk

Me

What about?

Rafe❤️

When are you gonna be back?

Me

idk like an hour

Rafe❤️

ok

Me

You didn't answer my question, Rafe

Rafe❤️

doesn't matter

"What the fuck," I say pretty loudly, enough for people to turn their heads to look at me. 

"What?" Sarah asks me, peaking at my phone. "Nothing just Rafe," I said and turned off my phone. "He wants to talk," "About?" "No idea," I answered. 

"Don't think about it, I'm sure it's nothing," Sarah said to me. "I hope so," I said, leaning on her shoulder. 

Soon we arrived back home, Sarah went to the Chateau to meet with John B and I went to Tanny Hill to 'talk' with Rafe. 

Getting a 'we need to talk' text is pretty much the worst nightmare of anyone in a relationship so my anxiety was eating me alive. I got in the house and walked to Rafe's bedroom. I knocked and heard him say to get in. 

"Hey," I said, entering the room. 

"Hey, uh you can sit wherever you want," he said and I nodded. 

"So what did you want to talk about?" I said and he scratched his head. 

"Uhm I have something to tell you," I nodded my head, telling him to go on. 

"Something happened recently and I feel like you deserve to know," he said. 

"Rafe, what are you talking about?" I said, tears starting to form in my eyes. 

"I uh, I cheated on you," he said. "You what?"