Chapter 5- Mind Games

Trigger Warning: Mention of SA, Mention of Drugs 

I woke up extremely late the next morning. I went down as I saw that the girls both weren't in the room.

"Hey sleepyhead," Sarah said to me as I made my way down the staircase. The place was trashed, and the party really destroyed the house.

"Hey girls, do we have any plans for the day?" I said with a big smile on my face.

For some reason, my head was full of questions and the pogues were the only people I was sure about. My whole life I have always seen people in black and white. Either I liked them or I didn't. For example, my whole life I have liked Sarah, she made many mistakes before but I always defended her and took her side in any fight with any person. Same with Kie, Jj, Pope, John B, and Topper. I never had conflict with any of them and I always took their side. Then there were the people whom I didn't like, the main one: Rafe. He was the typical rude player to whom I never felt attracted. I always hated him and never tried to get to know him. He felt the same way about me and that was somehow comforting; I never would get to know him because we both hated each other.

But now I knew he didn't hate me, and the worst part: I realized that I never hated him. I hated the person I thought he was, not him. That was so much worse because now I knew things were going to be different. Would we become friends? Would we become more than that? No, we wouldn't. Even if I deeply wanted to, which I don't. I think.

We almost kissed and my whole body wishes we did but we would never happen, it would be too wrong.

The pogues hated him, he was Sarah's brother. Both of those things made him off-limits. So what can I do? Just pretend that our moment yesterday never happened? Exactly.

I had to ignore him, so that whatever I was feeling left my body and I could go back to being Lillian: the girl who hates Rafe. "-And then we're going to a party." I heard Kie say. She just had told me today's plans but I completely zoned off thinking about that annoying Cameron boy.

"Lil? You there" Sarah asked me chuckling. "Uhm, yeah, no can you repeat please," I asked Kie making a guilty smile at her.

She rolled her eyes playfully and explained that we were going surfing with the crew, then we would go on some weird ass mission John B and Jj were invested in and then we would go to a party. A pretty full day if you ask me.

I had breakfast quickly because the girls were waiting for me to get ready to surf. I ran up the stairs and my eyes met Rafe's. He was walking in the opposite direction. He smirked at me in a sweet way, somehow it brought out his ocean-blue eyes and made him look even better. Gosh letting him go was going to be hard. 

I snapped out of the moment I was having and ignored his smirk, I turned my face and rolled my eyes, hoping that he would understand that I wasn't interested. I was, but he couldn't know that.

In Sarah's room, I slipped on the cutest bikini ever. It was hot pink with orange flowers on it and it had a tie that reached all over the back and my stomach multiple times. I tied it up in front of my stomach and put on denim shorts and a cute white top as a cover-up.

I filled my tote bag with essentials like sunscreen, a clip, a hairbrush, lip balm, and a towel. Sarah took her green surfboard and we hopped in her car to make pit stops at my house and Kie's where our surfboards were.

We arrived at mine's first, I said hi to my parents and told them the plans for today. They answered with the typical parent stuff. 'Have fun, no drugs, no drinking and be home at a reasonable hour.' They finished off with hugs and kisses and I went to my room to get my surfboard.