Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)

Play "I miss you, I'm sorry" by Gracie Abrams while listening to this chapter. 

Today was Midsummers, and if I'm being completely honest, I wasn't ready for it. 

For the past two days, I had been hanging out with the pogues nonstop, technically 'having fun', but my mind was only directed to Rafe. 

Everything I loved now reminded me of him, for example, surfing. I loved surfing with my whole life but whenever I found myself on the surfboard I would just think back to when I fell over and Rafe saved me. I remember that day like the back of my hand and I would pay so much money to go back to re-live it. To re-live all my moments with Rafe, those moments that gave me infinite butterflies and made me feel like a princess in a fairytale. 

So now, surfing was yet another thing that brought me back to him, when all I wanted was to get away from him. 

The pogues had been very considerate and nice, Jj wasn't acting petty about it. Rather he was going back to who he was before Rafe and I even got together. He was flirty once again, and I as always kept rejecting him. I really love Jj, it's a deep love but also a platonic one. Because of that, I didn't want to lead him on and make him think we had a chance, maybe in another lifetime, but not in this one. In this one Rafe had captured my heart. 

With all of that said I really wasn't ready for today. 

Me and Rafe would have to be together, dance, enter, and spend time with one another pretty much the whole night because of stupid protocols. So many people still didn't know that we had broken up so we were in for an awkward night. 

"Hey Lil," Sarah says, walking into my room. We were getting ready together. I was still lying in my bed, trying to prepare myself to see Rafe without hitting him. "Come on Lil it's Midsummers! You love midsummers!" Sarah said. 

"Not anymore," I said and dug my head into my pillow. 

"Lil, get up. Rafe's a jerk and there are like a million better guys out there. Plenty of them are going to be at Midsummers, and plenty have a thing for you. With all of that said you have a million reasons to go to Midsummers and hook up with someone new. You're getting ready now." Sarah said to me and grabbed my hands, pulling me off my bed. She pulled my dress out of my closet. I took a brief look at it. 

"I'm not wearing that," I said. "Why not?" Sarah said to me. "Because Rafe paid for it," I said and shrugged my shoulders. I wasn't wearing that dress, it reminded me too much of him. 

"Lil Midsummers is in like six hours we don't have time to get you a new one, Rafe doesn't know how it looks so just tell him this isn't the one he bought," Sarah said and handed me the dress. "I don't want to match with him though," I said. "Lil you're going together, you have to match," Sarah said and I rolled my eyes at the thought of even seeing him. "Fine, but I'm not wearing the dress Sar, I can't," I said. "Well suck it up buttercup, you don't have another one," Sarah said to me, jokingly. 

"Lillian? Why aren't you getting ready yet honey?" my mom said walking into my room. "It doesn't matter," I said. "Lil yes it does, what happened? You've been so distant lately," my mom said to me. "It's not important mom, I'm sorry but could you leave, I need some space," I said, trying my best to not let my anger get the best of me, I hated being rude to my mom and always tried to avoid it. "Sure hun, but please get ready," she said and left my room. 

"Sar, you too, please," I said. "Lil," she tried to say. 

"I'm fine, I swear," I said and even though Sarah knew I was lying she left the room. I put on my a pair of jean shorts and a cute beach top, grabbing my flip flops on my way out of my room.