Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past

TG: Abuse, Gaslighting, Manipulation

Sarah's POV: 
"Lillian has been gone for a while," I mention to Kie as I realize that she wasn't back.

It was about 20 minutes after she was gone and she had told us that she would be right back.

"You're right, should we look for her?" Kie asks me while we both look around the crowded room. "Yeah, I saw Topper here maybe she met up with him or something?" I say to Kie. "Yeah maybe, let's look," Kie says.

We go around the room asking people if they've seen her. Not a lot of people knew us or her because the party was just outside the OBX, so we knew some people who went to the Kook academy for school but not all.

"Let's try to call her," I said to Kie and she nodded, taking her phone out. We tried to call but it ended up going straight to voicemail. "I'm getting worried," I said to Kie and she nodded, agreeing with me.

"Hate to say this but should we call Rafe," I said to her. "No way, let's just handle this without her possessive boyfriend," Kie said and I shrug. This wasn't ending well. I just had that bad feeling.

"Sarah!" Topper yelled at me making me turn around. Topper was my ex-boyfriend, we were on good terms, we both just agreed that it wasn't meant to be and stayed friends, but he was best friends with Lillian.

"Have you seen Lillian?" I ask him. "No? Why is she here?" he asks me looking around.

She always put a smile on his face, their friendship was so nice. He was almost like a big brother to her. I think that he probably knew her the best, along with me. He was very protective and caring towards her and was always her shoulder to cry on, along with me.

When the Daniel incident thing first happened it was the two of us there comforting her, guiding her through the many panic attacks. I understood their friendship, it just made sense.

"She's supposed to be here but we can't find her and I'm getting worried," I said, my voice broke in the middle of the sentence, I was getting pretty nervous.

Lillian is probably one of the people who means the most to me and not knowing where she was in a dangerous setting made me freak out. She has been my best friend since birth, she's been with me through it all. When my fling with John B started everyone was telling me to stop it as he was a pogue and I was messing around with the wrong people, Lillian was the one who supported me. She told me to follow my heart, my feelings. She showed me how to stop thinking about how others felt about it, she taught me to make decisions by myself. The best part was that when I made my decision, she supported it and stood by me as it went on. You don't meet a girl like her every day, it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

The night I found Lillian on her roof almost jumping was probably the worst night of my life, I can't imagine how it must have been for her.

I remember I was cycling through figure-eight, it was pretty late but I needed to clear my mind.

I passed by her house and heard some loud noises. I had keys to her house so I entered. Her parents had been on a quick business trip, it was just two days long so they left her alone for those two days with her little brother, trusting she would have someone over anyways.

I enter her house, I heard some yelling on the rooftop and noticed that someone was over. I knew who, and it pissed me off. Daniel. He was a real dick to her.

5 Months before the incident:
"Lillian, what's that on your arm?" I pointed at the bruise on Lillian's arm.

"Oh it's nothing, I tripped over." She said to me.