Chapter 16- Stupid Dare

It's been two weeks since Rafe found out about what really happened with Daniel. We talked for hours and everything is good. These two weeks had been the best, Rafe and I went on dates and got to know each other so much more than we already did. 

When someone has the ability to control your actions they also have the power to ruin you. That's why, when handling your heart, you can never trust everyone. Daniel took advantage of the love I felt for him. 

That love blinded me, I wasn't seeing things how they were. Things have happened that I will never forget. Abusive relationships are what they are and leave you traumatized. 

I still had a part of Daniel inside of me, my anxiety. Any moment I felt in danger it would take over me, as sort of a deja vu. 

I was lucky to have my friends to help me in that period of time. Everything was dark for me, I kept feeling like he wanted the best for me and that I was in the wrong. A part of me wanted to believe that if he loved me as much as he had stated he never meant anything he did. Of course, that feeling was all an illusion. 

Either way, now I had a boyfriend who would never dare to touch me, that's all that mattered. Rafe's reaction was something that I will never forget, the look on his face was as if somebody had shot him. I could see the rage building inside of him as I explained the truth to him, what Topper hadn't already told him. 

I was glad Topper was the one to tell him, to be honest, I wanted to tell Rafe the truth so bad but it's so hard to unpack something that haunts you to this day to someone who you know will die for you. 

I saw him push that rage away to be there for me and I just knew that while that part of my life was over with, it was still part of my story. Now Rafe is in my story, but every new chapter needs to know what happened in the previous one. He deserved to know. 

With all of that said I had agreed with Rafe to not bring it up. I didn't want to think back to those months, they were over with and that was all that mattered to me.

______________

"What are you going to wear for the tub party?" Sarah asked me. We were at my house getting ready for a party Jj and John B had organized at the Chateau. Jj had just bought a hot tub with god knows what money and he wanted to make its first use extra special. So he and John B organized a mini party just for us, us being me, Sarah, Pope, Jj, John B, and Kiara. 

"I don't really know, probably the pink bikini we bought together on the mainland the other day," I told Sarah. 

"The one with the beads?" Sarah asked me, and I nodded. 

"Ok, can I borrow this bikini?" She asked me holding up a white triangle bikini. 

"Of course, babes but hurry, we're going to be late," I said at which she nodded like a little kid. I put on the pink bikini I was talking about, it had an extra long tie and blue, yellow, and green beads on each side of my waist and in the middle of the top. 

I put on one of Rafe's shirts as a cover-up but quickly changed as I remembered that Jj and John B still didn't know about him. I had told Kie and Sarah and Pope already knew, but I followed Sarah's instructions to not tell John B and Jj. 

Instead, I simply put on a pair of jean shorts and figured I didn't need a shirt since these were the outer banks. 

Sarah and I drove to the cut with my car and there we met up with everyone. "Hey party people," Sarah yelled to everyone who was already in the hot tub. 

"I see you didn't wait for us," I said chuckling as I took my shorts off. 

"Well, you guys are kooks so you've already been in a hot tub," Jj said.