Chapter 36- Harmful Memories

Listen to: 'Two people' by Gracie Abrams while reading this!!

Sarah and I pulled up at the country club, we both had golfed our whole lives because of our dads but we didn't like it that much, we weren't really good either. 

We both wore a matching golfing outfit that we had bought a while ago, a simple baby pink skirt and white polo, also with baby pink visors that matched the skirt. 

I have to say I was a little bit nervous to be here. The last time I went golfing, I was kidnapped, and the funny thing is, that that was the least of my concerns. It was really weird to see how fast I healed from everything that happened, it was like a light switch, one second I felt terrible, not wanting to get out of bed if not to be with Rafe. 

The next I was okay and going about my days as if nothing had happened. I was very happy about how little that whole situation had affected my mental health, I just wish it could have stayed like that. 

I missed Rafe so much, I really wanted to hate him but my heart couldn't deny that if I had the possibility, I would run back to him in a heartbeat. Although my brain was the one stopping me from doing that. 

Rafe wasn't perfect, like everyone he had flaws, but him being disloyal was something that never came to my mind while we were together. Therefore the fact that he had cheated on me was so confusing, it wasn't him. 

Sarah talking to me brought me back to real life. "We have to sign in Lil," she said and I nodded. We signed in and went to get our clubs from our assigned lockers. 

As soon as we came back workers were directing us where to go and what to do so we followed their instructions and soon the tournament started.

Sarah's POV:

After a few hours, the tournament was over. To no one's surprise, Rafe and Topper won, Lillian and I left as soon as we could because neither of us really wanted to see them get praised for their win. 

"Wait Sar I'm going to say hi to Top can you come with me?" Lillian said to me and I nodded, following her through the course. 

"Top," she said tapping Topper on the shoulder, he was standing next to Rafe, waiting for the award ceremony to start. Topper turned around and smiled once he saw it was Lillian. "Lil," he said happily. They hugged and started talking, while this whole interaction was occurring Rafe and I were just standing there looking at them. 

I looked up from Lillian who was giggling about something to Topper and looked at Rafe, originally to death stare him but I quickly got distracted by the look on his face. 

He was looking at Lillian with a look. I couldn't describe it no matter how hard I tried, but it wasn't a look you would give someone you cheated on. 

There was just something in his eyes, they reflected love and sadness. I knew my brother, he never looked at anyone like that. 

I was a firm believer in the saying that eyes never lie, and his eyes were screaming to me that something wasn't right. I had no idea what. 

"Sar, let's go?" Lillian said to me, interrupting my thoughts. 

I nodded and followed her leave, I took one last glance at Rafe and at how he was looking at her and knew. 

He didn't cheat on her. 

So then what the fuck happened? 

Lillian and I drove to Tanny-Hill where we were meeting the others for our pool hangout. The drive was short but I couldn't get my mind off that look, I considered telling Lillian but chose not to for her good.