Chapter 28- He Did It

TW: R4pe, Manipulation, Gaslighting

Rafes' POV:

Daniel? That was Max. The realization hit me like a rock, Max was Daniel. 

"Sarah what do you mean Daniel," Pope yelled. Now all the pogues were around the phone that Sarah had on speaker. "I see you're not alone," Daniel said through the phone. 

"Daniel get the fuck away from Lillian," Sarah yelled a sob escaping her throat. 

"I'm going to say this quick. If you just let me do what I want to do to her she'll come back alive. If you tell the police, she gets killed. It's your pick. Just know that every single step that you take is a step I'm tracking down." Daniel said and hung up immediately. 

Sarah's eyes started watering, she started shaking, after a second the phone dropped from her hands and she collapsed on the ground crying. The pogues all started talking over one another, John B comforting Sarah. I took a step back. I could feel all the emotions get out of my body. 

"Sa-Sarah, wha- what do you mean?" I stuttered, realizing the situation. Lillian was in danger. The only person whom I truly loved was in danger, all because of me. 

"Daniel has her Rafe. What do you not understand." Sarah yelled loudly, still crying. "How did he get her?" Sarah sobbed. 

"We were going to go golfing with a friend of mine, M-Max. I went to the lockers to get my clubs and Dylan was in there. He mentioned her and called her a slut so I punched him and then I heard Lillian scream and she was gone. Dylan took my phone in the fight so I came here." I said tears were falling down my face. 

Saying it out loud made me realize that I caused this whole thing. I put her in danger. 

"What does Max look like?" Kiara sobbed. I only realized that she was also crying. Pope was looking at the floor, his eyes had lots of pain in them. Jj looked furious, and angry, but also scared. John B looked scared while trying to comfort Sarah. I took Sarah's phone from her hand and asked if she had a picture of him she nodded and showed me it and, it looked just like Max. "That's Max," I yelled. 

"That's Daniel," Jj yelled, those four syllables confirmed any doubt that I had left. I was the one who put Lillian in danger. As more tears went down my face realizing what had just happened a fist landed on my cheek. 

To my surprise, it was Pope's. I let him punch me, I deserved it, this was all my doing. Lillian could be dying because of me. Pope continued punching my jaw, strong. It did actually hurt, but I didn't fight back. He tackled me to the ground, "Lillian might die because of you." He sobbed. "My best friend might die because of you," he yelled, he stopped punching me and just started crying. 

"Pope pull yourself together," Kiara sobbed. 

"We have to go get her," I yelled. 

"Get the fuck out of here Rafe. It's your fault Daniel has her." Jj yelled. 

"Jj shut up. We can't be fighting right now," Sarah yelled. 

"I know, I know i-it's my fault. Yo- You don't have to remind me okay? B-but I will fix this, I will make sure she's safe." I said but, I was trying to convince myself that whatever was going on wasn't my doing. 

But it was. Daniel was with Lillian, doing god knows what to her, and I was crying like a baby, doing nothing to help her.

Lillian's POV:

"Hi, are you..." I said but was cut off by him turning around. "Daniel?" I said. "Missed me, Lil?" No. No. Please no. I took a step back, not being able to think or act on anything.