Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries

The next morning I woke up earlier than my friends, they were hungover so I didn't want to wake them up.

But I knew that Pope wouldn't be hungover so I decided to wake him up and maybe we could go surfing together.

"Pope, wake up," I said while nudging his shoulder. He opened his eyes and groaned. "Can you let me sleep Lil?" he said with an annoyed tone. "Nope, me and Sarah have a family lunch in like four hours so your only chance to see me is now. Let's go surfing! Please please please please" I said with puppy eyes.

"Fine, let me get ready," he answered and I smiled.

I had already put on a bikini that I had left at the Chateau; it was pastel yellow with little flowers and it contrasted with my tan beautifully. I put on a button-up shirt as a cover-up and took Sarah's surfboard which was still at the Chateau and sat on the couch waiting for Pope

He was ready after five minutes and we both ran to the beach.

The Chateau is really close to the Pogue Beach so the Pogues and I always made it a competition to who would get there first. We both dove into the ocean and started swimming until we were far enough from the shore.

We surfed for a pretty long time, about two hours. I was tired but I kept going because I knew that in the next days, I would have been too busy with kook things to surf with the pogues.

We were still surfing when Pope fell on his board, he wasn't paying attention and the wave hit him from the back, but as his body went down he fell onto me and dragged me down with him. I hit my head on his surfboard; from then it's a blur.

I woke up on the shore to a pair of blue eyes looking at me, Rafe.

Rafe's POV:

Everything with Lillian happened so fast, one second she hated me the next she was holding onto me while having a panic attack, the next I was kissing her and now we had something going on.

I think I've liked Lillian for quite some time now but she never gave me the feeling that she felt the same way.

So I just observed her, she was such a beautiful person. It happened so fast but she's been making me feel in a way that no girl ever had before. Whenever I feel like a failure she shows me that I'm not, she makes me understand life to a further extent. All this, in one single day.

Yesterday night she looked breathtaking. That pink dress made her beautiful body stick out even more, her silky blonde hair was tied up in a way that made her green eyes stick out. She just looked like a goddess and I couldn't believe that she herself had said that she was mine. That goddess was mine. I'm the luckiest man in the world to be something to her, but I needed to make her my girlfriend, I just had to.

When that Maybank boy touched her, I freaked. I had been looking at her the whole night, I noticed how she was really stressed for a while and I just wanted to come up to her and make her forget about her problems like she did to me.

But then when she was dancing the stress exited her body, and she was happy. All I thought was that whatever made her happy, made me happy so I held back from killing Maybank.

I could see that she was holding back from him, which drove me crazy in a good way. She was thinking about me and how I felt and holding back for me. That girl is so special.

But then he pulled her closer and I lost control.

Once I did that she looked so stressed and I knew that she was blaming herself for what had happened. In reality, though, it was all my own fault. I never wanted to cause her unhappiness, so for the rest of the night, I kept thinking of ways to make it up to her.