240

Chapter 240 Sadfishing

Natalie didn’t want to eavesdrop on Niki, but as soon as Niki mentioned the divine doctor of the Spears family, her footsteps unconsciously stopped.

She didn’t care what Niki tried to do to her.

Even if she were to stir up the sky, Natalie wouldn’t take any notice.

But this time it was different. Niki mentioned her grandfather.

Niki even dared to harm Julian’s grandfather try to kill him.

Based on the hatred Niki had towards her, if she wanted to take action against Natalie’s grandfather, she would be even more ruthless than before. So Natalie could not ignore this.

Natalie’s heart trembled as she slowed down and silently walked behind the two of them to avoid Niki discovering herself,

It was about her grandfather, and she had to be cautious.

Fortunately, Niki and Lara both looked ahead and did not notice her approaching behind them.

Niki’s face remained calm and she spread out the topic. “I heard that the medical exchange conference in

Chicago is held in a very luxurious place.”

Lara didn’t have much emotion on her face, nodded and said, “Of course I know.”

Then she added, “Everyone in New York knows about the event the divine doctor of the Spears family is

attending. Many people rush to go.”

Niki’s Eyelid flutter slightly, and she agreed, “Yeah.”

She continued speaking as if unintentionally, “There are really many people rushing to go, otherwise Julian

wouldn’t have missed the invitation.”

She accentuated the last part of the sentence.

But Lara didn’t seem to hear her words, and her eyes were attracted by the exquisite Dim sum on the table.

On the small plate were some pink cakes, with a delicate design, like a lovely little rabbit.

Lara smiled, and she reached out for it.

“It looks good. You see, the little rabbit.” She picked up a piece of cake and ate it.

“It tastes good too.”

Halfway through Niki’s words, she looked at Lara’s innocent expression as she picked up the cake.

Her words were swallowed and choked, stuck in her mouth and unable to be spoken.

Seeing Lara’s innocent and sincere look, Niki couldn’t say what I had planned.

Nikl could only watch awkwardly as Lara tasted the cake.

Lara noticed her gaze and swallowed the cake in her mouth.

“Miss Linch, would you like to have one?” Lara picked up another piece of cake from the plate and handed it

to Niki.

She noticed that Niki’s eyebrows were slightly twisted, and she seemed to be hesitant to speak. Lara thought

it should be that she wanted to eat some cake.

Lara felt that he shouldn’t have been wrong.

Niki looked at Lara’s friendly face and forced a smile. She waved her hand and said, “No, thanks.”