283

Julian and Linda sat in the ward. Lying on the bed, Oliver’s face was calm as if he were asleep. But his haggard face still exposed his poor state of health.

Julian sat on the left side of the bed while Linda on the right side.

They looked at each other in silence.

Linda calmed down a lot now, not as emotionally excited as she had just been. She returned to the dignified and elegant appearance she had always been.

Julian stood up slightly, wanting to say something to his mother to break the awkward atmosphere.

Coincidentally, Gina walked in with a towel and a basin of water, interrupting his movements.

Julian sat back again.

Oliver had been lying on the bed for several days, he needed someone to clean his body, and Gina was here to complete this task

“Let me do it,” Linda suddenly stood up and took the towel from Gina’s hand.

Gina was a bit reluctant, “Madam, I’m on it.”

“It’s my duty. You could go and have a rest.”

Linda gently shook her head and spoke softly, “the Graham Family is on the line now. How could I take a rest?”

“I can’t fall asleep. I feel like finding something to do.”

Seeing Linda’s determined face, Gina had no choice but to pass the towel to her.

Upon hearing this, Julian felt quite embarrassed.

He knew Linda said this to him…

Since his father had left, he took over the position of CEO of the Graham Group from his grandfather. He was now the backbone of the Graham Family.

Previously, his grandfather had been his mother’s rock; but now grandfather was bedridden, and his life was on the line. His mother could only count on him.

Julian knew clearly that, as the only man left in the Graham Family, he was not a competent leader.

He pursed his lips,

He had never felt before that the weight on his shoulders was so heavy… Since his father and brother passed away in that car accident, everything has surged towards him like a huge wave.

From taking care of the aftermath, the company went bankrupt, his mother fell ill, his position was coveted by relatives, and then to the expiration of the authorization, Grandpa fell ill…

After experiencing so many things, Julian felt extremely exhausted, endless exhaustion wrapped around him.

In the dark room, he sat in front of the bed as if he was to merge with the endless darkness.

His half-opened eyes were devoid of emotion, his thin chin was tight, and his lips were pale green.

Gina noticed his fatigue.

“Sir, since madam is unwilling to take a rest, you can go take a rest first. I will accompany madam here,” Gina said. She could see that Julian had become thinner from overwork and lack of sleep these days.

Julian raised his eyes and said, “No, I don’t need rest.”

“My grandfather is ill; I should accompany him.”

He went to Chicago, but he failed to invite the

divine doctor of the Spears Family for his grandfather. He hoped that his grandfather would not blame it on him.