Cigarettes

I walked out of the room and waited out side, I pulled a cig from my Jean pocket and lit it. After what had happened I needed it. I saw bill running up to me, I exhaled and threw the cig on the floor.
'Lily where the fuck is Maddie what has happened?!' He screamed
' bill sit down' I said calmly. I saw Tom walk over.
'Bill just calm down okay!' He shouted. Bill sat down on the bench next to me. I sat down next to him.
'Bill, Maddie is fine but' I was cut off
'What about the baby, lily what about the fucking baby !' He screamed at me making me cry, it was going me flashbacks that I tried my hardest to forget.
'The baby didn't make it Bill' I screamed as tears came streaming down my face. My mascara ran down my face with my tears.
'No.. no ... lily it cantt noo' bill said with pain in his heart. Tom gasped and sat down on the floor, tears came running down his face. He looked up and me and shook his head, bill was just sat there in disbelief.
' where is she?'
' I want to see her now! Lily take me to her now' he demanded. I grabbed his hand and got up, we walked into the room where Maddie was sat there bawling her eyes out. Bill ran up to her bed and jumped in, he hugged her tightly and gave her many kisses.
'It's not your fault Mads'
' I killed her bill she's dead' Maddie cried
'No you didn't!' He said reassuring her. Tom put his arms about my waist and put his chin on my shoulder. One hand grabbed his hand and the other grabbed his tight braids. I turned around and gave him a tight hug and a long kiss.

After a few hours Maddie was dismissed from the hospital,no one really knew why Mads had the miscarriage she wouldn't tell us.
' Mads what happened why did it happen?' I asked her
'Lily Im infertile' she cried and swung her arms about me
'Oh shit Maddie, if I have twins you can have one' I laughed. She giggled back.
'I don't know what I would do without you lily' she said while hugging me on the couch.
'I love you Maddie'. Maddie was like my sister I loved her with all of my heart. Maddie walked away to go to bed leaving me and Tom watching tv.

'Tom I've been thinking'
'About what?' He sounded worried
'What if it was Maddie and not the baby' i whimpered 'I love her like a sister and I can't bare seeing her cry' I started to cry.
'Lily Maddie is still alive and well nothing is going to happen to her you have my word' he said and hugged me. He gave me a long kiss before getting up and walking away.