𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟐

【••JAMESON••】

This day couldn’t get any better.

First, I found out that I was voted employee of the month at the convenient store I had started working last summer- the first notification that caught my eye was of my friend who had an early shift today at the store and sent a picture of the poster which said 'Employee Of The Month' in big letters and had my picture below it.

I looked good.

He also wrote 'congratulations' below the picture.

Second, I found out that I only have one class with my ex this year. We’ve had almost 4 classes together the past 3 years.

We started dating last year but I broke it off with her after 5 months of dating. Turns out she’s not as bright as I expected her to be.

Even though we broke up months ago, that didn’t stop her from hanging out with me. It’s honestly very annoying sometimes and no matter how much I try to push her away from me, she seems to get more and more attracted towards me.

Although, as much as exciting it was being voted employee of the month and finding out I don’t have to see my ex that often- These excitements were nothing compared to the reason why I found Sophia glaring at the seating chart in mathematics class.

We’re seatmates.

I have never liked Ms Tessa so much in my life. I always had beef with her because she always made me sit with some creeps.

But this time, she assigned my seat with someone I’ve been wanting to get close to for years. And that person is-

Sophia Clark.

As much as she looks like a quiet and calm girl, she’s fun and easy to annoy. I had made myself promise to get on her nerves when in sophomore year, I found out that I could make her cheeks and nose tint red with annoyance.

How did I find out? I got a higher grade than her in history and bragged about it in front of her after class.

I had been trying to become her friend since she joined this school. She never talked to anyone and I always caught her studying. While other students stayed away from her, calling her a ‘loner’, I tried so hard to be her friend.

I even tried talking to her. What did I get in return? Nothing.

While I ranted about how everything works in this school and how everyone is, she just stared at me and when I finished, she just nodded and simply said “okay, thanks.” and went back to studying.

It was annoying as hell.

I didn’t back down, oh no, I continued my quest. I tried to study her from afar- that included staring and I’m pretty sure she thought I was a creep.

After months of trying I was about to give up till I found out the best way to talk to her.

By annoying her.

“James!” Nessa’s voice brings me out of my thoughts.

I shake my head slightly and turn my head towards her, “yeah?”