𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟐𝟕

【••SOPHIA••】

Sometimes I wished I had done something other than always studying and hoping my father would notice my hard work.

There are moments where I wished I could stop thinking about disappointing my father and do something I want to.

For example: learn how to cook.

My mom and my brother are blessed with amazing cooking skills whereas I am not. Once, I tried to make eggs and ended up burning them. Alan still teases me about that.

Alan and Eva are coming over for dinner tonight and I want to make a dish for them to congratulate them on their engagement.

I've been standing in the kitchen staring at the ingredients for the past 20 minutes and I don't know what to do.

I should start with boiling the pasta, right?

God, I'm hopeless when it comes to cooking.

"Sophia?"

I turn around at my mother's voice.

"Is everything okay?" She says after her eyes scan over the ingredients.

"I want to cook something for tonight."

"Oh- do you want me to help?"

"No, no. You should go to the café and help Anna."

Anna called mom to help her around the café since Liv won't be at the cafe today.

She's hanging out with Ethan. Shocker.

"Do you want me to cook something?" Mom asks

"Your son is too smart, he'll figure out I didn't cook." My statement makes mom laugh while I sigh, "I'll try my best not to burn down the kitchen."

"Why don't you call Jameson?"

I freeze.

"What?"

"You told me that he knows how to cook. Why don't you call him? He'll help you." Mom says with a smile.

I could but the thing is after the sudden encounter we had 3 days ago at the basketball court, we haven't been… normal.

Something happened there. He was going to kiss me and I was letting him. Liv and Ethan breaking the moment made me realize what we were about to do. So what did I do after? I ran.

And I've been running.

Me and Jameson still put on a show during school but as soon as school finishes, I rush out. We don't discuss what happened at the basketball court and we're not going to.

It was nothing.

"I guess, I can." I say as my eyes land on my phone resting on the counter.

"Great. Now, I have to go, I'm already late." Mom enters the kitchen to give me a kiss on the cheek, "be careful."

"I will. Be safe."

She smiles, "I will." She makes her way towards the door, says "goodbye" before leaving the apartment.

The silence falls over the apartment as I stare at my phone debating whether or not to call Jameson.

If I call him over, will he ask about what happened 3 days ago? Because I don't want to discuss that.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I pick up my phone and pull up my call logs.

I stare at his number, my thumb hovering over it.