𝐄𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟓

【••SOPHIA••】

“I need a pen.” I hear Jameson mutter before the pen gets snatched from my grip.

“What the hell?”

“I needed a pen.” he says as he starts writing in his notebook.

“I was using that- you ruined my page!” I gesture towards my page where my pen scribbled because someone snatched it from my hand.

Jameson glances at my page, “It’s fine.” he says then goes back to writing- I don’t know what.

“Give it back.” I try to snatch it from his hand but he lifts his hand up, making the pen get out of my reach, “stop being annoying.”

“Stop trying to steal my pen.”

I gasp, “that’s my pen! You snatched it!”

“I did not snatch it. I took it.”

“You did not.”

“Did to.”

“Just give it-” I try to snatch it again but he moves his hand away from my reach.

“Shh quiet. We’re at the library.”

“From tomorrow, I’m not letting you sit with me.”

He raises an eyebrow, “Oh yeah? What will you do?”

“Hide the extra chairs.”

He laughs, “I’ll bring more extra chairs.”

“Jameson, give back my pen.”

“No.”

I groan in annoyance which makes him laugh. I try snatching it from his grip but he puts it away from my reach more.

“You both are children.”

Our heads turn towards Ethan, who’s looking at us like we’ve embarrassed him.

“Your friend stole my pen.” I say.

“She’s accusing me of stealing.” Jameson says.

“you snatched it from my grip.” I say as our heads turn towards each other.

“You saw me take it so it doesn’t count as stealing.”

I grit my teeth together, clenching my hands- almost wrapping them around his neck to choke him.

“Give it back.” I say, my voice hard.

“You know I could’ve written my work twice if you didn’t start this nonsense argument.”

“You have your pen, you could’ve used it. You snatched mine and ruined my page.”

“Geez, stop being such a perfectionist.”

My blood boils. I make the mistake of throwing myself at him to get my pen. He pulls the pen out of my reach again but my foot slips. Instead of falling on the ground face first, Jameson’s free arm wraps itself around my waist, pulling me into his lap. My hands land on his shoulder to grip.

I take in a sharp breath as our eyes lock, our faces a few inches away or our lips would be touching. His eyes land on my lips, his stare sends a shiver through my spine and I unconsciously lick my lips. He swallows visibly then looks up at me again.

From the corner of my eye, I catch that his other hand lowered. I take my chance and snatch the pen from his grip, getting up from his lap and taking my seat on my chair quickly.

“Got my pen.” I mutter making sure not to look directly at Jameson and increase the heat in my cheeks. I hear Jameson hum in response.

I go back to doing my assignment to distract myself but the image of Jameson’s stare flashes into my mind again which makes a set of butterflies take off in my stomach.